Should Nelson start the rest of the way?

At least a dozen times he missed wide open receivers.

He was 12/24, so on ALL of his throws he missed wide open wide receivers?

Honestly, there isn't one position on our team where I can say if we had somebody else in there we would have beat Iowa. The problem is I can say the opposite about the coaching staff... Playing ultra conservative when down while getting dominated on both sides of the line isn't a recipe for success.

Also, I know we are trying to be a run-first team, but can we not run play-action passes on 80% of our throws? Especially on third and long in obvious passing situations, when the defense won't bite. We don't even run them that effectively.

I will just root for which ever player is in the game at the quarterback position. That way I won't have to root for one player over another player. I won't have to use my "immense capacity" as an evaluator of pure quarterbacking talent to condemn the one that I am not quite as "sold on..."

For crying out loud...NONE of you people know as much about the situation as the Coach and his staff. They have BIG BUCK jobs working as coaches and they are putting their jobs on the line th the choices they make. (Of course, the administrators at the U of M have dug themselves such a deep hole with all their contract buy outs that they can no longer impulsively extend and buy out coaches contracts) So, I don't think Coach Kill's job rides on the back of either of the quarterbacks that some of you either like or hate depending on your current dispositions.

So yes, I totally back which ever quarterback is on the field at ALL times!

And, people, there is nothing you can do about it if you don't like what the Coach decides to do. That is life being a college football fan...a Golden Gopher Football Fan. It could be worse though...I suppose you might care about the stinking Vikings....

yes u start nelson the rest of the way unless the 3rd string guy can throw.

I can't help but wonder if Leidner's YAC would have showed up yesterday or if it was simply that SJSU sucked. We could have used the two tough yards at the end of the run that Mitch was getting a week ago.

Top Bottom