Shorts too long

goldenboy

Reaction score
I have to admit up front that, while I don't want to go back to the short shorts of the 70s, I'm not a fan of the blousy bermudas that pass for uniform shorts these days. I just watched the recording of the LIU game and the shorts are now so long that half the team has to roll the waistband over so the can hike them up enough to play (nothing like trying to jump when the crotch of your pants is below your knees). Mason, McBrayer, and Hurt all sported the wide white inside lining of their waistband because they were rolled over. Not a good look.

And the music these days. Too dam loud. Shakes fist at clouds.

I can agree wth goldenboy that the shorts are getting pretty crazy long but that doesn't bother me too much. But I am not a fan of those white spandex leggings many are wearing.

I like the longer shorts but I hate how with our new uniforms, the jersey cuts more into the back and chest of the players showing more of their shoulder blade and chest. It gives it more of a tank top or "bro tank" look which I'm not a fan of.

I like how the players can wear a t-shirt under their jersey if they want, and not have to dress in khakis or plaid skirts like they're in parochial school or something.

And the music these days. Too dam loud. Shakes fist at clouds.

Since we're making America Great (1950) again, I see no reason they shouldn't bring back the short shorts of that era. And no more dunking. Darn kids.

Bud+Grant+Lakers+2.jpg

So the rolled over waistbands are a "thing" then? A "look" the players are going for? (Could be. I've seen dumber things-black socks by one specific player, Derrick Chievous and his bandaids, etc.) Not just too long to play without rolling them over?

Goldenboy perhaps the times have just past you by and you won't be able to see those underhand set shots into the apple basket any more. ��

Ahh... so none of you eagle-eyed geniuses even noticed it during the game, did you?

I like the NBA uniform rule. At the knee, nothing below.

I like the longer shorts but I hate how with our new uniforms, the jersey cuts more into the back and chest of the players showing more of their shoulder blade and chest. It gives it more of a tank top or "bro tank" look which I'm not a fan of.

This. Our jerseys are lame.

Top Bottom