Shooter: Rashod Bateman’s draft status could be dropping

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shooter:

Rashod Bateman’s draft status could be dropping. Despite the Gophers having scored 68 points their first two games, Bateman still doesn’t have a TD reception.

Go Gophers!!

I think everyone associated with the program has seen a status drop in the past 7 days, with the exception of Mo Ibrahim.

Lazy take. Not unexpected, but lazy nonetheless. Has Shooter been breaking down film to see the percentage of snaps opposing teams bracket Bateman? To see the degree of separation he's attaining? To see whether Tanner is making the correct reads? NFL scouts are, I promise. Maybe Bateman's stock has dropped, but it's not because he's without a TD right now. It would be because he's running poor routes, getting lazy in run blocking, has lost a step for some reason, etc.

Lazy take. Not unexpected, but lazy nonetheless. Has Shooter been breaking down film to see the percentage of snaps opposing teams bracket Bateman? To see the degree of separation he's attaining? To see whether Tanner is making the correct reads? NFL scouts are, I promise. Maybe Bateman's stock has dropped, but it's not because he's without a TD right now. It would be because he's running poor routes, getting lazy in run blocking, has lost a step for some reason, etc.

You could have just stopped after the first two words of your post as that pretty much sums up everything related to Shooter.

How drunk was shooter when he wrote this crap?

Shooter is clearly desperate to write something negative about the Gophers. Is he well?

I just realized shooter thinks everything the nfl drafts on is statistics.
Graham harrel and Timmy Chang were first round picks!

This take makes no sense. He is going to go into the combine, have good numbers, the film will check out and he'll be a first round pick. I don't think he goes top 10, but I never did, even if he had a monster season.

Imagine an NFL scout being like "wow, this guy is amazing in every aspect but he didn't get many TDs...better not take him"

This take makes no sense. He is going to go into the combine, have good numbers, the film will check out and he'll be a first round pick. I don't think he goes top 10, but I never did, even if he had a monster season.

Imagine an NFL scout being like "wow, this guy is amazing in every aspect but he didn't get many TDs...better not take him"

Yeah, Shooter's take about Bateman is stupid even by Shooter's standards. About the only things that could really hurt Bateman's stock right now would be if he suddenly started dropping tons of passes or sustained some sort of serious injury.

Morgan's prospect status might be taking a little bit of a hit in the early going here but I have felt all along he was coming back in the 2021 even if he had a monster 2020 so probably doesn't matter all that much that he is off to a slower start through 2 games.

I would say his stock is rising. He is playing tough and is catching what is put his way. he could be in bedroom slippers and avoiding contact.

hot_take_house.jpg

It's life. What have you done for me lately? The play calling is not his fault but how could his stock be improving? Is he dominating games? Is there much of anything in two games to make people more excited to move him up their draft board?
Come on guys...it's only lazy because it's obvious.
Will he still likely be a 1st or 2nd round draft choice? Very likely, but in some places he was Top 10.
I'd say those guys are leaning towards someone else.
Maybe Waddle getting hurt helps his status? But he's gotta impress people on the field with his play to improve his status. He needs at least one breakout game.
(And no I don't think it his fault. But life ain't fair.)

Top Bottom