Shooter: Look for the Spring Game to be April 12

On a Sunday ?? I doubt it. I heard from a real good source it's on the 11th. Has it officially been changed ? I guess we better get some clarification one way or the other caused there might be some pissed off people if they are expecting one day and it's on the other.

Close but no cigar. How about April 11th.
I think this is correct - at least that was the date given at the recruiting social. The 11th is a Saturday, the 12th is a Sunday - doubtful.

Really hope its April 11, as that intersects nicely with Goldy's Run again this year. Having the Spring game after Goldy's Run last year was outstanding, and I think it boosted attendance, since so many folks were down on campus anyways.

Really hope its April 11, as that intersects nicely with Goldy's Run again this year. Having the Spring game after Goldy's Run last year was outstanding, and I think it boosted attendance, since so many folks were down on campus anyways.

Honest Question: Why should anyone care what the attendance at the Spring Game is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honest Question: Why should anyone care what the attendance at the Spring Game is?

I view it as a measurement of how excited and optimistic people are about the program. Maybe it is not a big deal but it hard for me not to be excited about the kick off to a new season. In places like Ohio State and Nebraska it is a big deal. One more brick would be when it becomes a bigger deal here.

I view it as a measurement of how excited and optimistic people are about the program. Maybe it is not a big deal but it hard for me not to be excited about the kick off to a new season. In places like Ohio State and Nebraska it is a big deal. One more brick would be when it becomes a bigger deal here.

I get that, and I personally always attend and am excited about the Spring Game, but in Minnesota the attendance at the Spring Game is a bigger indicator of weather on that day than excitement about the program. I see why some would be interested in attendance numbers for actual games, but the spring game doesn't really matter, IMO. Not a big deal, I was genuinely interested in why I should care.

I get that, and I personally always attend and am excited about the Spring Game, but in Minnesota the attendance at the Spring Game is a bigger indicator of weather on that day than excitement about the program. I see why some would be interested in attendance numbers for actual games, but the spring game doesn't really matter, IMO. Not a big deal, I was genuinely interested in why I should care.

You just answered your own question. You and anybody else who are planning to attend the game should all care about the size of the crowd. Bigger crowd equals better weather. No rain dances allowed.

Top Bottom