Shooter: Jim Harbaugh said "no thanks" when contacted about Gopher job

In 2006, precisely no one on this board would have said that the HC at Stanford was a better job than the HC at Minnesota. Ohhhh Gopherhole posters, how am I to take your opinions seriously when they always seem to be based entirely on whatever anomalous things are happening at this exact moment?

Let's be honest: most of you see #6 Stanford (9-1), Minnesota (2-9), so you say Stanford is the "better job" on this basis alone, then work through the reasons backwards from there.

Are you watching his #6 team on television right now? Oh yeah, they're not on. And Stanford played in front of about 8,500 fans a couple of weeks ago in one of the most important home games in the program's history.

I don't think he'll take the HC job at Minnesota. But if he wants Michigan, he would be nuts to not consider Minnesota (unless he's still sore that Chip Lohmiller ruined his senior year). The Michigan job may open-up, but not until they fire a HC who was similarly as successful before coming to Michigan as Harbaugh is now. Even then... he will be one of at least a dozen candidates for that job. This would have been unthinkable 10 years ago, but a guy like Harbaugh could build a program that is competitive with Michigan over the next decade.

Well whats is he suppose to say?? If he said he is interested in the Gophers job he would loose his respect from the players!!

Well whats is he suppose to say?? If he said he is interested in the Gophers job he would loose his respect from the players!!

Your right, but if he did secretly have interest he most likely would have said "No comment" or "I'm only concentrating on Stanford at this point."

Just like Bryan Kelly at Notre Dame last year. While he was at Cincy he never said he wasn't interested in Notre Dame, but he also never denied it. Just dodged the question.

Top Bottom