Shooter: In order to recruit on an elite national men’s basketball level, Gophers will need NIL deals of $300K/year for several players

How's that saying go? Haters gotta hate or something like that. Self know's how to coach. Hell his best player last year was a 3* coming out of high school. I think he was somewhere is the 300's. Kalscheur was rated higher.

But I guess since this is a Gopher board let me try to keep on the Gopher.

GO GOPHER!!!

RockChalk, you love touting how last year championship team was led by a "3 star" as some badge of honor. You always fail to mention that Self also had multiple 4 stars on the roster, maybe a few 5 stars (I don't care enough to confirm, but I know he had at least 5-6 4 stars). He must not have coached those 4 stars well enough. While I don't believe that to be the case, you can't have your silly argument both ways. What a strange argument to continue bringing forward.

Go Gophers!!

How's that saying go? Haters gotta hate or something like that. Self know's how to coach. Hell his best player last year was a 3* coming out of high school. I think he was somewhere is the 300's. Kalscheur was rated higher.

But I guess since this is a Gopher board let me try to keep on the Gopher.

GO GOPHER!!!
The poster didn't say Self wasn't a good coach. You can be a good coach and cheat, many of the best have. People don't hate Bill Self because of his success, they hate him because they believe he cheats.

The poster didn't say Self wasn't a good coach. You can be a good coach and cheat, many of the best have. People don't hate Bill Self because of his success, they hate him because they believe he cheats.
Just adding to your point, Rick Pitino is mostly recognized as the best college coach in the last 20 years. He cheated too.

You still think he’s way off?
It seems he is. The majority of NIL deals I read about are player driven. They have taken ownership. They have cultivated huge social media followings and parlay that into NIL deals independently. People who market themselves.
There are outliers but I’m not seeing a lot of organized NIL teams. SEC and Miami seem to kind of be the source of much of it.

Last edited:

This article seemed to give a decent picture of the NIL industry landscape. And could very well be shooters source. I do think some skepticism is warranted; I’d doubt they really have that complete a picture.

Top Bottom