Shooter: Gophs will open next season against Bucknell at home

This should be a good one. Hindsight being 20/10, I would have liked to see Muscala in a Gophs uniform.

If the goal is to give Minnesota kids at other schools a chance to play at Williams Arena and not schedule anyone from a major conference, then we might as well schedule Buffalo and senior guard Zach Filzen (Northfield) as well.

Bucknell has been one of the better mid majors around, I like it.

Bucknell

Bucknell (like Wofford this past season) will be a solid opponent to open the season, I agree, but respectfully I think calling them "one of the better mid-majors around" is a stretch. Not even sure I'd call them a mid-major (more like a small major). They had a nice 3-year run in 2004-05, 2005-06 and 2006-07 (2 NCAAs and 2 wins), but they're only 80-76 in their last five seasons. They've either been really good (conference champs) or really bad (RPI of 200+). Here's hoping they're really good next year, like they were this past season.

Either way, I hope we crush 'em. We didn't see a whole lot of blowouts this year. Hopefully we'll be able to field a full squad this year and get back to the pressing defense we played a couple years back.

Gophers definitely made hard work of their nonconference schedule last season. Not a lot of "comfortable" wins.

Top Bottom