Shooter: Gophers' take from Big Ten Network is $24 million

BleedGopher

Reaction score

per Shooter:

Big Ten Commissioner Jim Delany, who visited Minnesota on Thursday as part of a conference tour he's making, said the league was able to distribute about $24 million to each of its 12 schools this year resulting from the Big Ten Network.

"It's been very good for each of the schools," Delany said.

http://www.twincities.com/gophers/ci_23916736/shooter-now-glen-perkins-has-saved-more-than

Go Gophers!!

God love Shooter, but he is incorrect with his interpretation.

The $24 million is a result of not only the Big Ten Network, but also ABC, ESPN, and the BCS bowl games. I think the estimate is the BTN is responsible for about $7-$8 million of that payout.

anyone know exactly where that money goes to? General athletic budget or for specific projects (i.e new facilities, etc.)?

But but but according to Strib posters we need to move to the MAC!!!!

Never EVER read the "Comments" section of the Strib. Even if it may accurately reflect the State we live in. :cool:

I always read them. It reminds me of how smart I am compared to those dumb asses.

That's why I watch World's Dumbest.

Back to the BTN revenue.

Some of my favorite stories come from reading about the winners of the Darwin Award. It is awarded to real people who have died doing really stupid things. Thus keeping the gene pool at a higher level. On of my favorites was about a guy had been drinking and was playing golf with buddies. At a tee he asked his buddies what that thing was and they told him it was a ball washer. Sure enough, he decided to try it and in doing so, removed his testicles from himself. He didn't die but the Darwin committee decided he was still worthy of the prize. This may sound like a joke but it is a true story.

Never EVER read the "Comments" section of the Strib. Even if it may accurately reflect the State we live in. :cool:

They should be required reading. Those people are out there and it's best to know who and what you are often dealing with.

:banghead:

Top Bottom