Shooter: Former Gopher JB Bickerstaff could get Wolves HC job

Not sure this would be a good thing for JB. He gets the job and gets fired in 2-4 years unless the Wolves find a way to acquire a legitimate superstar via the draft or free agency. Now, he's got the retread label (in addition to a likely horrible record as a HC) on his resume. I think it would be better for JB to remain an assistant and look for a better opportunity later on in his career.

On a Gopher related note, JB has rapidly risen up my list of potential future Gopher head coaches. I think he's a slam dunk in the college game with his Dad providing experience and connections in a lead assistant role. I am sure Bernie would know who to hire as a lead recruiter, and JB's youth and the Bickerstaff's combined NBA experience would be appealing both from a recruits standpoint.

The rumor earlier in the week was that 67-year-old Bernie Bickerstaff could get the Wolves head coaching job and then hand it over to his son JB in two years.

Another rumor is that former Indiana Hoosiers coach Kelvin Sampson is a serious candidate.

Top Bottom