Sheldon Richardson

Gold Vision

Reaction score
Scout Article Link

It sounds like Sheldon wants to play Tight End. I really think we have no shot at this guy looking at this article.

With Hageman, Lair, and Tow-Arnett ready to go , I think the Gophers are covered at TE for the next couple years.

Definitely, I would think we would be recruiting him as a Defensive End. If that's the case, it sounds like he would stick with Missouri to play D.

Any Chance that

The updated, not Joe Tiller's spread offense might benefit from having four TE sets? I always though TE stood for versatile. In the Power/Spread - TE will most likely need to mean speedy and strong.

With Hageman, Lair, and Tow-Arnett ready to go , I think the Gophers are covered at TE for the next couple years.

TE

Tow-Arnet is a senior and we will be going to more two TE sets, thus you better have several as not everyone is healthy at all times. Plus, Lair may be more of a split out TE than a big physical TE in the trenches. Believe me, they would find a place for Richardson to play if it had to be returning kicks or quarterback. ;)

IMHO, I never thought we had a shot with this guy. Nothing he has said or done has remotely showed him being high on the Gophs and if he doesn't have the heart for defense...do we really want him?

Last thing we need is a guy that has all the tools and ability that plays soft...guys with big hearts don't talk about position, they talk about hitting and playing.

Didn't someone post that he said it was more of a courtesy visit to Minn. That being said, Brew is good and the door isn't all the way shut yet.

Also, he said he wanted to play right away. The competition would be tough here, but he would get to play right away.

A couple things on this manchild, the interview on scout he said his verbal to missouri is now 80% solid. Sounds pretty locked up with miami having a long shot cuz they would let him play TE, or as he put it "They want me for offense and I said i could also help out on defense if I wanted. I really want to play TE in college" Sounds like this kid doesnt realize where the domination and $ at the next level is for him. Look at his size,speed,and strength....fits in at DE or even DT like a glove!! Miami is basically saying here are the keys to my car and I will sleep with you, but you can do whoever you want...and they still only have a 19% (if you give the Gophs a 1% chance) of landing him. I hope Brew has moved on with his crush

I don't see why Sheldon would give Minnesota a "courtesy visit". He is not committed here. He is not from this state. As far as I can tell he has no ties to Minnesota, so that would lead me to believe that his visit was real.

Seems to me Richardson's visit was nothing but window dressing. Looks good in the blogosphere, but that's about it.

Brew had a huge crush and to his credit it got a visit but the first date was only so so and Sheldon has one love and another huge crush that has more to offer than us... :D

I'd love to have him and I'd let him play anywhere he wants. That being said, I'm befuddled as to why he doesn't want to play on the defensive side of the ball, that's his meal ticket to the NFL IMO.

Top Bottom