Share your thoughts - Stadium Food

GoAUpher

Section 246
Reaction score
So, I'm thinking with 2 games under our belts it'd be nice to share some thoughts on the food. What have you had? What did you like? What would you pass on in the future? Deals? Ripoffs?

Haven't sampled a ton myself (which is partly why I'm starting this thread) but here are my thoughts:
- Cheese curds: I'd skip them. Lacking in cheese. Maybe I got a bad batch, but they were decidedly "meh" for the price.
- Steak and Cheese Panino: GG05 was the one enjoying this, but it looked and smelled amazing.
- Hot dog: Size = meh. Didn't taste too bad. Relish was pretty tasty.

And with that anemic contribution to this thread, I turn to you oh wise stadium foodies of the Gopher Hole for your wisdom.

I saw some Walleye Fingers when I was at the opener and they looked and smelled pretty good.

Thumbs up to paninos steak and cheese. They have a nice little place in the Burger King strip mall near the stadium with a wider menu.

Looked to me like they trimmed back the menu a bit today. Last week there were several different hamburgers (e.g. Bacon & Cheese) plus corndogs, etc. that I didn't see today.

I suspect that they decided to simplify the menu to speed up the lines, etc.

Has anyone had a Mayslack's sandwich? I've heard they are off the charts, but sloppy to eat.

No Malt Cups

how can you not have a malt cup? - a stadium staple since I can remember - best value also - DQ got in there and took out the malt cup

1. Walleye fingers: not the best--I probably won't order again.
2. Chicken fingers: very good, would order again.
3. Fries: very good.
4. Cheese curds: won't get again--they lack CHEESE. Come on Aramark--please put some cheese in the cheese curds. The curds outside the stadium look good though.

Dinos

I have to go with Dinos gyros - I'll never wait in line for a burger again! Plus, they have cash registers and little no waiting in line!

I liked the burger a lot, well worth the extra buck to upgrade over the hotdog.

1. Walleye fingers: not the best--I probably won't order again.
2. Chicken fingers: very good, would order again.
3. Fries: very good.
4. Cheese curds: won't get again--they lack CHEESE. Come on Aramark--please put some cheese in the cheese curds. The curds outside the stadium look good though.

Geez...don't you guys have sushi or radicchio & pine nut salad at The Bank? No chicken satay? Frozen creme brulee?* :confused:

Cheese curds...??? Is that food for humans? Sure... in Mongolia.

LOL, just kidding. I love midwestern comfort food as much as anyone...one thing I miss about Chicago is how shameless people are about what they eat...even in public. Sooo fattening, but so GOOD.

* (in my dreams, of course...neither do we...)

Cheers to all, and have a wonderful football season in your gorgeous new home!

Food

Never have been a big fan of stadium food. I just don't have the patience to wait the lines and now the tailgating is great. My son-in-law says the pretzels were good, but how do you screw up a pretzel? At the Barn it is a different story - I have an ice cream cone most games.

Burger are good!

I liked the burger a lot, well worth the extra buck to upgrade over the hotdog.

I've had them at both games quite tasty! The fries are excellent when hot, but they are horrible when getting cold.

Random addition to this Lazarus thread...the cheese curds sold at stands outside the stadium were awesome after the Illinois game. Hope that vendor is back next season!

Amen to that. They need to move those guys inside the stadium.

and it will only cost you $10 too......

Delicious knows no price my friend. :) Since you ponied up to taste test the steak and cheese Panino at TCF I'll bite the bullet and taste test this bad boy when we go to Target Field next Spring.

I had a package of two chocolate chip cookies at the last game and they were only $1! Quite tasty and cheap. I also was a big fan of the warm drinks for obvious reasons. All in all the stadium experience was everything I had hoped it would be!

I had the bacon cheeseburger, it was pretty good. The fries were good as well.

Top Bottom