Shama: "two outside sources believe Cashman will have surgery on both shoulders"

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Shama: "two outside sources believe Cashman will have surgery on both shoulders"

per Shama:

Will Gophers linebacker Blake Cashman need surgery on his shoulders? Although it hasn’t been confirmed by the football office, two outside sources believe Cashman will have surgery on both shoulders. A sophomore last season, Cashman led the team in sacks with 7.5. The former Eden Prairie player was third on the team in tackles for loss at 43. He was selected Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week after a dominant performance in late November against Northwestern. Last week he was named an honorable mention linebacker on the Associated Press 2016 All-Bowl team.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

The closing speed he showed on his sacks in the bowl game were remarkable. I really hope he comes back!

Wow. Hope he heals well. Remember Claeys saying he was small for a LB. Played very well when he got in there. Sad that he physically had to pay for it.

Wow. Hope he heals well. Remember Claeys saying he was small for a LB. Played very well when he got in there. Sad that he physically had to pay for it.

Yeah I hope he is offered a scholarship and that he heals well. Seems like he would be the type of player that any coach would love to have.

Yeah I hope he is offered a scholarship and that he heals well. Seems like he would be the type of player that any coach would love to have.

I am thinking this might prevent him from getting one from Fleck unless they wait until fall camp to see how healthy he is

Are walk-ons surgeries paid for by the school?

Fleck apparently has a crack in his shoulder too.

Remember, for a walk-on, you have to wait two years to offer him a scholarship, or it counts against the current recruiting class. If you wait two years, it doesn't count against the current class. I'm not sure Cashman would have received a scholarship this year even if Claeys was still the coach.

Remember, for a walk-on, you have to wait two years to offer him a scholarship, or it counts against the current recruiting class. If you wait two years, it doesn't count against the current class. I'm not sure Cashman would have received a scholarship this year even if Claeys was still the coach.

The earliest he can receive a scholarship is this summer.

The earliest he can receive a scholarship is this summer.

Most likely, there will be scholarship available for him.

It's pretty likely that we will have scholarships available even after signing the maximum.

Are walk-ons surgeries paid for by the school?

Though National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) bylaws 3.2.4.8 (Certification of Insurance Coverage) and 3.2.4.8.1 (Amount of Coverage) require that student-athletes at member institutions have insurance for medical expenses related to athletic injuries, the schools are not required to cover what the insurance doesn’t, leaving it to parents, guardians, or the students themselves to take out policies and pay out-of-pocket costs. Only once treatment for an injury exceeds $90,000 does the NCAA cover the cost under their Catastrophic Injury Insurance Program.

Typically how long does it take to heal from two shoulder surgeries? Sounds kind of tough.

Typically how long does it take to heal from two shoulder surgeries? Sounds kind of tough.

I just had my shoulder looked at, 6 months recovery before you can do any sort of lifting. Obviously it depends on what the actually surgery is but they said shoulders take the longest to heal.

Top Bottom