Shama: Kill Not Buying Limegrover Edge Saturday

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shama:

Matt Limegrover coached 16 years for Jerry Kill. Limegrover was a leader of the Gophers program from the time the two arrived in Minneapolis for the 2010 season, but now he works as the offensive line coach for Penn State, the team Minnesota opens its Big Ten season against Saturday in University Park, Pennsylvania.

Does Limegrover’s experience with the Minnesota program and knowledge about players give the Nittany Lions a significant edge in preparations this week? “I don’t think that’s (going to be) a major factor in the game,” Kill told Sports Headliners.

Kill said college coaching staffs are so thorough in their evaluations of opponents through films and general scouting that having someone who worked for the opposition just isn’t a big deal. But Kill does expect Limegrover, his former assistant and friend, to be motivated Saturday.

“There’s that natural instinct that you want to go beat the team that you were let go from,” Kill said. “That’s self-motivation, but that’s not going to affect how his kids play at Penn State. I think all that stuff is overrated. I think the team that prepares the most is the team that is going to win.”

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

regardless of outcome people will draw their own conclusions but the jimmies and joes v. xs and os should be delicious.

Learn the lingo....lol

They have film now?

It actually used to be film back in the day...coaches still call it film today too....tradition. Respect for the game. Know where you came from. Etc
I know you know...

I don't know, I expect him to give away the Gophers' entire plan...

"I'd expect they'd run it up the gut here - that's what I would have done..."

How can you possibly win against inside knowledge like that????:rolleyes:

“That’s self-motivation, but that’s not going to affect how his kids play at Penn State. <b>I think all that stuff is overrated. I think the team that prepares the most is the team that is going to win.</b>”

So totally different than bulletin board material then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“That’s self-motivation, but that’s not going to affect how his kids play at Penn State. <b>I think all that stuff is overrated. I think the team that prepares the most is the team that is going to win.</b>”

So totally different than bulletin board material then.

What kind of material could there be? We fired limegrover.... he didn't quit. They supposed to be a riled up by that or something?

I don't know, I expect him to give away the Gophers' entire plan...

"I'd expect they'd run it up the gut here - that's what I would have done..."

How can you possibly win against inside knowledge like that????:rolleyes:

TEQB #7 never proved to anyone that he had the skill set to go on an air offensive. Folks here blame Limey but he had to work with what he had.

TEQB #7 never proved to anyone that he had the skill set to go on an air offensive. Folks here blame Limey but he had to work with what he had.

Ummm, have you seen his numbers so far this year?

What kind of material could there be? We fired limegrover.... he didn't quit. They supposed to be a riled up by that or something?

There is none. My position that bulletin board material is as impactful on the outcome as what underwear I have on is well documented. I have been told repeatedly on here that I am naive about that so I found it interesting that the beloved Jerry Kill doesn't think much other than who has prepared the most matters.

Top Bottom