Shama: Jim Carter is "is less optimistic about his chances" for Board of Regents

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Shama: Jim Carter is "is less optimistic about his chances" for Board of Regents

per Shama:

Former Gophers football captain Jim Carter, who has been pursuing membership on the University of Minnesota Board of Regents, is less optimistic about his chances than he was several weeks ago. Carter has been criticized by some state legislators for support he voiced for Gophers football players. Critics have mistakenly assumed he isn’t supportive of advocates for prevention of sexual assault. His name has been in the media after news developed about the suspension of 10 Gophers football players and an alleged sexual assault in early September.

“I was supporting the team out of loyalty as a Gopher to get due process (for the suspended players), and…trying to get the fairness and transparency that they deserve,” Carter told Sports Headliners.

The State Legislature will approve four individuals next year to fill vacancies on the Board of Regents.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

Jim publicly trashed the department when it was convenient for him... he strikes me as at least destructive as he could be positive. I mean on a positive side, scarfs?

Also is shama like Jim's personal megaphone or something?

I don't care one way or the other about Carter, but I think we need to keep ex-legislators off the Board of Regents.

But there is a high level of optimism that he'll remain a whiny, self-promoting blowhole.

Top Bottom