Shama: Former Gophers basketball player Jamal Abu-Shamala is the organizer of early Tuesday morning pickup games at Lifetime in St. Louis Park.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Shama:

Former Gophers basketball player Jamal Abu-Shamala is the organizer of early Tuesday morning pickup games at Lifetime in St. Louis Park. Former college players participating include ex-Gophers Andre Hollins, and brothers Dan and Joe Coleman. Abu-Shamala has about 50 emails he uses to target commitments from around 13 players for the 6 a.m. start most Tuesdays.

Go Gophers!!

abu could shoot. a nice surprise as a player

Cool! I'm a 68 year old hoops lover with a fake knee and hip, and I live in California. But I'm on vacation next week. Do I need an invite or can I just show up with my rusty jump shot? :)

Please just show up and report back here how your new knee and hip did guarding Dre Hollins!!

Go Chico Gopher!!

Please just show up and report back here how your new knee and hip did guarding Dre Hollins!!

Go Chico Gopher!!
I'll be sure to warn him that I have 4 pretty good moves that nobody has really been able to stop effectively. Traveling, Charging, Flopping and Hacking. And to be honest, I'm pretty dang good at Air Balls too. So yeah, don't get too overconfident watching me warm up! Actually,, I don't really warm up anymore, too exhausting and of course, the increased chance of injury. :)

“Former D1 Basketball Player Continues to Play Basketball As a Form of Exercise.”
And sooner rather than later, he will discover he is too old to play basketball as a form of exercise and settle for the calorie burning pickle ball. :)

And sooner rather than later, he will discover he is too old to play basketball as a form of exercise and settle for the calorie burning pickle ball. :)
My hoops career ended at 39 with no cartilage left in my right ankle. Hardest thing I had to do. Was my favorite way to keep weight off, now walking and biking have to do.

I knew the Hollins boys were brothers, but Dan and Joe Coleman are too? What a shock. Next their going to tell us we landed on the moon.......

Are they selling tickets?
Are they trying to drum up attendance?
Can anyone join in and play?
Is this an exclusive club?
What's the point of this article?

Go Chico Gopher!!
Fun college story: I was playing pickup with buddies on a slow afternoon at the rec when Jamal Abu-Shamala, Damian Johnson, and Devron Bostick (if memory serves) walked in and joined the next 5v5 game against us. They didn't split up teams... jerks 😂

6-foot-white-boy-with-astounding-20-inch-vert-me guarded Damian (poorly). I made a baseline jumper over him on the other end one possession. It was my Super Bowl. I'm one hundred percent certain he was giving it his all out there.

Last edited:

Top Bottom