Shama: Ex-Gopher Captain Jim Carter Wants Regent Role

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shama:

Former Gopher football captain Jim Carter is submitting an application for membership to the University of Minnesota Board of Regents. The State Legislature will approve individuals to fill four vacancies on the board next year.

Carter, who played for the Gophers from 1967-1969 after a legendary schoolboy career in South St. Paul, said many people have urged him to apply. He is known for his passion and straight talk about the University. As a regent he wants to help with issues such as student tuition costs and debt, student preparedness to enter the workforce, and enhancing athletics including the revenue-producing sports of football, basketball and hockey.

Carter, who lives in the Hastings area and hopes to represent the Second Congressional District on the Board of Regents, played for the Green Bay Packers where he was elected team captain. He has decades of business and civic experience including 28 years as an automobile dealer in Wisconsin, and participation on many boards including the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy. In addition to his experience in governance, Carter has been a donor to many organizations including the University of Minnesota Foundation.

Minneapolis businessman Mark Sheffert, a University alum and advisor to the Board of Regents, is familiar with Carter’s background. “He is passionate about and cares about the University,” Sheffert said. “He has attended many meetings of the regents to learn what they do. He has also talked to regents and University administrators to give his constructive thoughts.”

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

I'm really not a fan of a guy who goes and rips the athletic department when he doesn't get his way being a Regent.... dude is passionate but I'm not sure if he's a net positive or not.

Yeah, my question is why now...why didn't he go for it like 20 years ago?

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Jim Carter is a complete and total looney bird. Why he continues to get a forum to spew is embarrassing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Jim Carter is a complete and total looney bird. Why he continues to get a forum to spew is embarrassing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And there stands the beaming Emperor Spoofin, until a little boy says: But the Emperor has no clothes. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom