Shama: Claeys & Gophers Prove Skeptics Wrong

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shama:

Tracy Claeys found the resolve to lead his Gophers to an improbable win last night in the Holiday Bowl against Washington State. A friend suggested several days ago Claeys was struggling with his spirits as the team prepared amidst the turmoil of 10 suspended players and sexual assault allegations. Odds-makers made WSU a double digits favorite and skeptics suggested it was easy money to place a fat wager on the “Air Cougars” and their expected route of the Gophers.

But Claeys and his team had the resolve to hold the pass-happy Cougars to a season low 12 points in a stunning 17-12 victory. The Gophers’ head coach showed leadership in directing his team to a long sought signature victory. After Claeys took over as Minnesota’s coach mid-season last year and continuing through this fall, the Gophers couldn’t earn a front page win in a rivalry game or against a top-25 team. However, last night the Gophers won a quality bowl game versus a Pac-12 team that fought for a division championship and four times scored over 50 points this season.

Claeys is a steady leader who avoids the highs and lows. He goes home at night and when his head hits the pillow, he is out. Well, last night he could have had the best of sleep and dreams. He deserved that experience and so did his players who had to support one another in practices and games to make up for the absence of starters and top reserves.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

Wow- Shama with a positive article

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did he throw anything in there about the crappy attendance?

Did he throw anything in there about the crappy attendance?

We get a positive article and then we get a crappy comment about the attendance. I think you need to reread the article.

We get a positive article and then we get a crappy comment about the attendance. I think you need to reread the article.
I didn't read it. He seems to throw declining attendance out there quite often for whatever reason. Good for him if it's positive.

Top Bottom