SH ESPN's page

DuluthGopher

Reaction score
Not sure if this was talked about or not, but does anyone else find it humorous that espn doesn't even have SH as to considering us anymore. I mean, I will be honest, I have my doubts that we get him, but you got to at least think that he's still considering us. I have to disagree some of the rankings that ESPN does sometimes, but this made me laugh.

Just so that people know, ESPN is far from the source to go to for Minnesota recruiting. Unlike Rivals and Scout that have Minnesota sites--and sites for every team--ESPN's recruiting platform is not built out. If ESPN reports Henderson is leaning toward any of the schools where ESPN has a team site it increases traffic to the team site which means both ad dollars and subscriptions. If they report he is leaning toward a team where they don't have a site they lose potential traffic. Henderson being the #1 recruit in the country (at least according to 2 of the 3 sites) and playing his recruitment out until NSD is the type of recruit that convinces people to buy subscriptions.

There is a long way to go in SH's recruitment but I caution people to take what comes from ESPN with a grain of salt.

ESPN is terrible for recruit updates but great for analysis. Rivals is great for updates but doesn't offer any analysis. Scout is mediocre for updates and mediocre in analysis.

I talked with someone two weeks ago who is very close to Seantrel. He seems to think it's really between USC and Minnesota. I'm sure this will change a thousand times between now and signing day. I would think that having a good season, and also getting some of his buddies in the area to stay home will have a big impact on whether we can keep him here. I really hope he goes where HE wants to go, and doesn't feel pressured one way or the other to make a decision that isn't his. I can't imagine all of the questions he must get from people.

SH

Nice to know that SH visited the Gopher practice Thursday. Maybe he is leaning more towards the U of M. Sure would be a huge feather in the hat for the program and send a message around the nation about the program.

Go Gophers!!

?

Nice to know that SH visited the Gopher practice Thursday. Maybe he is leaning more towards the U of M. Sure would be a huge feather in the hat for the program and send a message around the nation about the program.

Go Gophers!!

Where did you hear that he was at practice? if so, GREAT NEWS! can show him the intensity and efficiency of our practices and how close are team really is like a family.

Top Bottom