September 12, 2009

2nd Degree Gopher

Reaction score
According to the Astronomical Applications Department at the U. S. Naval Observatory, on September 12, 2009, the sun will set at 7:29pm. So we’ll be able to tailgate and file into TCF in the daylight, watch the flyover (is that set??) as the light begins to fade, enjoy the sunset from our seats and leave after the game in the darkness of the night. Ladies and gentlemen, I do believe that my chili is hot.

Thanks, dpodoll68

Sunset will be at 7:29 that day.

You are correct and I have made the change to my initial post. The Naval Observatory site does list the sunset at 1829, but I neglected to see that table ignores daylight saving time. I apologize for the error, but my chili is still hot.

good research. I hope that I'm still able to stand upright at game time. "The Bank" will be open for business Sept. 12, 2009!! Can't wait!

150 days from now. I can't believe it's that close. :clap:

I prefer my 2:30 kickoffs (actually, 1:00, but those don't exist anymore), but the imagery I'm getting of walking into the stadium as the shadows begin to lengthen, seeing a flyover, watching kickoff under both lights and sun, and seeing the Gophers play outside at dusk, has me fired up. Let's light this candle.

Top Bottom