Sept 1st Halftime show will feature fireworks

Taji34

Reaction score
Just announced on GopherSports:

Fans at the game will be treated to plenty of action on the field, but the most explosive part of the evening will happen when both teams are not on the field.

Minnesota announced today that the Halftime Show presented by CarMax will feature a fireworks display and will also incorporate the famed University of Minnesota Marching Band. The fireworks will originate from in front of Mariucci Arena and will illuminate the night sky above TCF Bank Stadium's main scoreboard.

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/082416aaj.html

Well now I am for sure going!

I'm planning on leaving after the first quarter to beat traffic.

I predict the real halftime fireworks will take place on Gopher Hole if the Gophers are not leading the game by at least 2 touchdowns.

Hopefully this is more visible from the stands than the fireworks after the Michigan game.

Is this going to be a real fireworks show, or one of those bang-bang shows you get at a minor league baseball game?

Is this going to be a real fireworks show, or one of those bang-bang shows you get at a minor league baseball game?

Couple guys with a packet of bottle rockets. But seriously, if it is set to the half time show, it should be pretty good. BTW, Saints show is nicely done.

I believe it was a real fireworks show; but to us in the North Stands it was launched behind us and remained mainly non-visual booms, pops and whistles drowning out the band.

I liked the ones that went above the scoreboard better than those that went off behind it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Impossible to see any of them from where we were sitting because they seemed to all be right above the lights. Like watching fireworks staring into the sun.

Might have been the worst halftime show ever. 75% of the fireworks were too low to see, and you could not hear the band AT ALL. Promotions department has some work to do.

We couldn't see the fireworks because they were all behind the scoreboard. We couldn't hear the band because of the fireworks and band volume not being that great. A for effort, D for execution.

Might have been the worst halftime show ever. 75% of the fireworks were too low to see, and you could not hear the band AT ALL. Promotions department has some work to do.

You got it. Just stupid.

We had a great view of the fire works on the south side of the stadium. All were visible and hearing the band was no problem. Sucks to sit on the sunny side sometimes...

We had a great view of the fire works on the south side of the stadium. All were visible and hearing the band was no problem. Sucks to sit on the sunny side sometimes...
I was on the shady side but closer to the scoreboard.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

These fire works sucked if you were on the North side

I believe it was a real fireworks show; but to us in the North Stands it was launched behind us and remained mainly non-visual booms, pops and whistles drowning out the band.

I would have rather listened to the band or gotten concessions than have a fireworks display on the North side of the stadium that I could not see, and could give two sh!ts about.
Fireworks are an unnecessary attraction that doesn't really put any butts in the seats. All it did was drown out the band and distract from what looked to be a good show.

Amateur hour. Again. And with a new sheriff in town! Brick by brick...this is how you build disinterest in a program. Sheesh
Btw, it was a lovely night for outdoor football. Unbelievably lovely. Believe me.

I am glad that they tried something to spice things up. It just wasn't well executed.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Amateur hour. Again. And with a new sheriff in town! Brick by brick...this is how you build disinterest in a program. Sheesh
Btw, it was a lovely night for outdoor football. Unbelievably lovely. Believe me.

Give me a break...they tried something different. Feels like some here just need something, anything to complain about.

Give me a break...they tried something different. Feels like some here just need something, anything to complain about.

Hey now! I did point out it was a lovely evening for outdoor football. :rolleyes:

The band has new uniforms but the same old same old. Watch Ohio State and you will know what I mean. Sloppy entrance, walking onto the field etc. One can wish.

I don't understand all the complaints? I for one enjoyed watching the fireworks on the big scoreboard that was blocking the fireworks it was showing.

The band has new uniforms but the same old same old. Watch Ohio State and you will know what I mean. Sloppy entrance, walking onto the field etc. One can wish.

You obviously didn't watch. They high step...unique in the big ten for bands.

Blame Punt, Pass, Kick for our walking entrance for halftime. If that wasn't there we would likely marching on before every halftime.

You obviously didn't watch. They high step...unique in the big ten for bands.
High step is standard for nearly every band in the B1G what are you talking about? There are different styles of high step but many high step. Off the top of my head I think only Nebraska and Illinois don't, although I haven't seen Rutgers and Maryland.

Next time they do it, they should select fireworks that go higher so they can be seen throughout the stadium. They should select fireworks that are quieter so they don't swamp the band. Save the loud ones for when the bans finishes the Rouser.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

High step is standard for nearly every band in the B1G what are you talking about? There are different styles of high step but many high step. Off the top of my head I think only Nebraska and Illinois don't, although I haven't seen Rutgers and Maryland.
He may have meant it's a unique thing big ten bands do, and just worded it slightly wierd. Also, I think Rutgers and Maryland were considering trying to add it but I'm not sure.

Top Bottom