Selection Sunday and Others Re: BTT

Holy Man

Reaction score
Any word from our beloved ticket office about getting tickets for Indy? I have seen two public notices about open ticket sales without an invitation for season ticket holders to purchase. My Purdue friends needed their orders in by the end of August. I never trust this ticket office to get us information in a timely manner. More of the same here?

Just saw the reference below. One would have thought the season ticket holders might get some advanced chance for purchase.

How

about playing in ChICAGO again?

Cross your fingers, Holy Man

This is what I was told by the ticket office. As always, take it for what it's worth.

Season-ticket holders will not get an order form for Big Ten Tournament tickets like we have in the past. Season-ticket holders should call the Gopher ticket office (they're already taking orders) to order their BTT tickets.

DO NOT order them through the Conseco Fieldhouse box office, or any Ticketmaster outlets. I think that's where they're steering the general public. I was told Gopher season-ticket holders will still get priority for the "really good seats" over those who order from the general public. I made her repeat this twice, as I wanted to emphasize that I not get stuck with crappy seats after having such good seats all these years.

I would suggest you order them as soon as possible, lessening (in theory) the chances they'll screw it up. She said there is no deadline for season-ticket holders to purchase their BTT tickets through the Gopher ticket office. ... that's what scares me.

(612) 624-8080
1-800-UGOPHER

Holy Man, I don't know if you have been to the BTT before but if you do not get tickets thou the Gopher's Ticket office the secondary ticket market at the BTT is quite good. Friday during the day is hit or miss depending on whos plays. Friday night you will pay for. After that Saturday and Sunday you can get for below face. Can't speak for Thursday. There are always people around with tickets This happens especially when big team lose out they just sell there tickets and jump town.

I highly recommend to everyone to get a hotel room in Downtown Indy. Conseco is within walking distance, don't have to worry about many legal issue's if you like to socailize, etc. Overall I it's a great time and I would highly recommend it to everybody.

Holy Man, I don't know if you have been to the BTT before but if you do not get tickets thou the Gopher's Ticket office the secondary ticket market at the BTT is quite good. Friday during the day is hit or miss depending on whos plays. Friday night you will pay for. After that Saturday and Sunday you can get for below face. Can't speak for Thursday. There are always people around with tickets This happens especially when big team lose out they just sell there tickets and jump town.

I highly recommend to everyone to get a hotel room in Downtown Indy. Conseco is within walking distance, don't have to worry about many legal issue's if you like to socailize, etc. Overall I it's a great time and I would highly recommend it to everybody.

Ditto. The B10T in Indy is a fun time. Stay downtown.

I haven't had any trouble getting tickets. And I've generally been able to sit wherever I want.

Thanks

Selection and others, thanks for the input. I don't why I still get disappointed with this operation, because they are pretty consistent in their vague responses.

I have been to the tourney before, and realize the secondary market is pretty easy, but I travel with a relatively large group and we like to sit together, making it worth our while to pay the "premium" of face value.

Downtown Indy is great, but I must admit I prefer the United Center venue over Conseco.

Here is to hoping that 20 years of season tickets, and a half dozen years of BTT ticket purcahses means something to the U of M ticket office.

Best bet is to get tickets through one of the sponsors. For three or four years we had PRIMO seats because someone in our group did business with a major sponsor. When that sponsor stepped out of the circle, we found ourselves relegated to the second deck.

Last year the Gopher ticket office got us seats in the 2nd row of the 2nd tier in Conseco. Still a good vantage point, but we were in a corner. We sat in front of people who had ordered seats on the first day the ticket office offered seats. They had been season ticket holders since the 70's. They were dumbfounded as to why they were in the second deck.

There did not seem to be any rhyme or reason to the arrangement. Or, quite possibly, all of the people on the Lower Level knew Maturi or Wistrcill. (The families of the Gopher players had the best seats of all. They are the people to know!!)

Update for Holy Man

Holy Man,

Bought tickets today, was assured season-ticket holders get the better seats (read: not in the upper deck). I'm assuming our BTT ordering history would help us, though I didn't ask.

What's different this time is the invoice already lists my section, row & seat numbers. As you know, in the past we've never found out our seat location until we got our tickets in February. I don't know if that's just a counting thing for the Gopher ticket office, but it clearly indicates the seats are in Section 1, Row 1 (with specific seat numbers). Here's the layout of Conseco. Certainly, I think these seats and section would suffice, whichever "Section 1" it is.

http://www.tickco.com/sc/369-381/

Selection

Did you order by phone or in person?

Section 1 appears behind the basket again, and with the rotation I would ahve expected us to be closer to the middle of the court.

Another update for Holy Man (BTT tickets)

Holy Man,

This is what I heard from the ticket office. The seat allocations indicated on my invoice are not accurate.

"You are correct in that the seat locations for the Big 10 Tournament are incorrect and will not be allocated until closer to the event. Please disregard the seat location on your invoice."

Ordered

Selection, I ordered yesterday in person. The student at the window was gracious and had a cheat sheet with sections on them, 11-12 and 111-112 with seats to be allocated in February.

I also found out from an inside source that the priority for distribution is as follows:

Families of players first.

Big dollar donors next. I don't qualify.

Season ticket holders based on seniority.

I received no receipt with any seat locations, but they do have my money.

Thanks. 11-12 and 111-112 look like good seats. About the same as we had 2 years ago (the Hoffarber end of the floor)?

Truth is, not worried about the big donors. The Gopher's crowds are never really that big for the BTT, especially in comparison to the schools that travel well (Illinois, Indiana, Michigan State, Wisconsin). I sincerely doubt many of them go to the BTT; it takes a special breed to commit to 4 straight days of basketball. When they'll gobble up their tickets and be most likely to use their seniority is for the NCAAs.

Top Bottom