Section Question: I pick late Tuesday

Mylometer

Reaction score
I didn't really want to open up a new thread, but figured I'd get some more suggestions this way. I pick late this afternoon and am trying to figure out if I should go for the upper rows in 135 or 133, or 235/236 rows 5-12 (assuming they're still open at that point). My worry on the lower level is that with the Minnesota players along the sideline and that camera cart going back and forth, I'll miss the action along the home sideline. Upper level, I'd get a view of the entire field. I sat in Section 100 at the dome, so this is a new angle for me.

Couple questions: Am I going to have issues with the railing in the lower rows of the upper deck? I know there are issues with row 2 and 9 but are there with anything else? Are my fears of not seeing the sideline worthwhile? I'll be in the bench seats and want to be in that corner of the stadium.

Any suggestions? Appreciate the help everyone!

Mylometer

Mylo, I can't help much, but am facing the same dilemma and questions as you and picking this afternoon so will be interested to hear.

Mylo, where did you hear about railing obstructions in rows 2 and 9 upper deck?

If you're in the upper rows of the lower deck the players and camera cart will not be a problem....I sat in those seats for many a Metrodome game.

I think they are both great options for seats with great views. The second deck will give you more of an "overhead" view, better depth perception etc...so that would be my choice, but I think you will be happy with either choice.... Other considerations like friend locations should be part of your choice too...

edit: I just looked at the virtual views and my personal choice would be the second deck 235 row 2. Remember that the U has already blocked out the obstructed view seats, so you shouldn't have to worry about that...

We selected last week and chose 133 row 17. We thought this was close to the action but yet high enough not to have our vision blocked. Also this section is close to the student section. We should have a great view of the big scoreboard and can turn around to look at the smaller scoreboard if we want to.

We sat in 104 at the dome, row 14. Pretty comparable to 133. Always thought those were good seats, no blocked views. Wouldn't have wanted to sit any closer though.

I'd go with the home side upperdeck. Those are very good seats.

If you can pick the seat online, it is a clear view seat. The U has put the obstructed view on hold so if you want them you have to call.

Question: "So can we assume that seats not on the aisle in rows 1-3 of the upperdeck are ok?"

For the most part that is true. However, to be safe I recommend that you avoid the the first three seats on the aisle that is closest to the 50 yard line. This is particularly important in Row 2, and it is probably a good idea in Row 4 . As a general rule, the closer the seats are to the aisle opposite the 50 yard line the more unobstructed the view. The constant stream of fans walking up and down the aisles is always a problem for the aisle seats closest to the 50 yard line.

Top Bottom