Section 231 Concerns!!!

goldygoon

Section 231
Reaction score
Ok I love the view from my seats. However, when I came walking up to my row and seats, I have a family of 4 that seems they should be in the seatbacks.

Stuff like this is why I hated sitting in the upper deck end zone at the dumpydome. I want to be rowdy and obnoxious but I always had old farts behind me. Now I have a family of 4 behind me with their teenage daughter and preteen son.

And I dont know if it was because it was just a scrimmage but it seemed like sitters in our section.

Ok I love the view from my seats. However, when I came walking up to my row and seats, I have a family of 4 that seems they should be in the seatbacks.

Stuff like this is why I hated sitting in the upper deck end zone at the dumpydome. I want to be rowdy and obnoxious but I always had old farts behind me. Now I have a family of 4 behind me with their teenage daughter and preteen son.

And I dont know if it was because it was just a scrimmage but it seemed like sitters in our section.

Same with me in Section 105. I was basically the only person standing for the rouser. We took the seats in the 3rd row so we could go insane on goal line plays when the Gophers were on defense. Sitting with a bunch of robots will make that significantly less entertaining than I was expecting.

I've been assured it was just due to the scrimmage and that we can expect much, much more engagement when it's a real game. We shall see. If I have to get schwasted before the game and act like the section fool to get people excited, I'm willing to do it....

Luckily my seats are in the last row before the loge boxes, no worries about people complaining to have me sit down :)

hey Gopher 07-- I am also in the last row leaning up against the wall--what section are you in-- I am in 237

Our section seemed to be very enthusiastic even for the scrimmage and I don't see any issues of it being a "sitter" section

243, for me. Didn't get a chance to go today (living in Boston) but my dad went and was VERY pleased with the seats. Glad to be where we are!

I'm a 231er too, we'll get that section rockin, no doubt about it, people just need leaders around them, be loud stand and be damn proud of it, enough rowdy fans interspersed in a bunch of mediocre types can get everyone going. 231 seems a perfect section to "educate" your fellow fans around you on how to be a crazy.

I'm a 231er too, we'll get that section rockin, no doubt about it, people just need leaders around them, be loud stand and be damn proud of it, enough rowdy fans interspersed in a bunch of mediocre types can get everyone going. 231 seems a perfect section to "educate" your fellow fans around you on how to be a crazy.

word. everyone has a "fanatical" side to them whether they want to admit it or not. there is nothing wrong with being fanatical MINNESOTA!

like you said.....a section just needs some leaders to coax it out of some who may be a bit more how do you say: "reserved".

Sadly Standers (outside the Student Section) will always be in the minority....

...even in Sec 231.

Educating the boreass fans around you on how you want them to act will never work. There are too few of you "zannies". You will always be outnumbered by the more "mature", sedate fan who is there to enjoy the game. Those of you who want to be the show will eventually give up and join the "mature" sedate Minnesota fanbase. You always do.

Remember it is very hard to maintain manufactured enthusiasm. True excitement will generate genuine enthusiasm.

by the way...Standing during a practice scrimmage pretending you are genuinely thrilled is really lame.

No need to be concerned about 231. I wasn't there today and neither was my posse but we will certainly take a leadership role in the section. If people are sitting down, then they won't be able to see because we will be standing 90% of the time.

I'm sure allot of people sat in awe of the stadium rather than getting into the scrimmage. I have no doubt that the fans will be much more raucous than they were in the dome.

by the way...Standing during a practice scrimmage pretending you are genuinely thrilled is really lame.

Even for the Rouser? Really? If so, you're really lame.

Luckily my seats are in the last row before the loge boxes, no worries about people complaining to have me sit down :)

I picked the last row in 212 for this exact reason and LOVE it!

I think the atmosphere yesterday was because it was a scrimmage. I felt bad for the white team as they never got the rouser played even after an interception. :cry:

ALWAYS Stand for the Rouser!

Even for the Rouser? Really? If so, you're really lame

No way did I say it's lame to stand for the Rouser. I said it was lame to stand for the practice scrimmage.

No way did I say it's lame to stand for the Rouser. I said it was lame to stand for the practice scrimmage.

Good enough. Most everyone around me stayed sitting during the Rouser. I wanted to make sure no one was justifying doing so.

You stated: "I want to be rowdy and obnoxious..." Well, I'm up in section 231, and I can appreciate loud and excited, but I don't need rowdy and obnoxious.

It was a scrimmage. And I think most people were just in awe of the building. The upper-concourse was packed just because people wanted to check out the views. I also think a lot of people underestimated the effect that being outside should have on what they wear.

When you move into a new house you walk around the place and check it out first. THEN you call your friends over and have a huge party.

There are definitely going to be a lot fans that are not as passionate as the fans on this board.

Top Bottom