SEC/ACC fan for a year

touchdownvikings

Reaction score
Looks like I'll have to be an SEC/ACC fan this year. What's your opinion: is there a particular team that is appropriate to "adopt?" Auburn? What is the consensus regarding which team should be our new temporary "home" team?

Go with Vanderbilt. They don't cheat (much). Of course, they don't win as well.

In the Big XII and ACC, I like rooting for Iowa State and Pitt. Both would be great additions to the Big Ten.

Last edited:

Obvious, correct answer: none, in any sense close to "official". People can cheer for whichever schools they want, of course.

In the ACC, I like rooting for Iowa State and Pitt. Both would be great additions to the Big Ten.

I like Iowa State this year in the ACC too. They are going undefeated for sure! :p

If you want an experience closest to the Gophers this fall, the 'Clones probably are it.

I like Iowa State this year in the ACC too. They are going undefeated for sure! :p

If you want an experience closest to the Gophers this fall, the 'Clones probably are it.
Doh! Thanks for catching that.

Choices:

Cheer for the Maroon and Gold with Flordia State.
Bowl Victims: Alabama, Auburn, Georgia Tech
Maroon: Boston College and Miss State

Our root for covid to ruin all thier seasons and make Big Ten seem like victors as they go to bubble format.

I was thinking maybe UNC-Chapel Hill. It seems "spiritually" similar to the U of M. State flagship. Blue blood in one sport. Long legacy of being terrible at football. On the upswing.

Major differences: UNC-Chapel Hill is a name brand school and the U is not; UNC cheated systematically as part of their efforts to remain a blue blood, and the U did not.

I‘m pretty sure I could never cheer for any school in the SEC. If they end up being the only schools playing this season (and that’s not out of the realm of possibility), then I think my fall Saturdays will be spent watching the stain dry on my deck, measuring how long the grass grows in my back yard, and, once the chill of November hits, re-watching the 2020 Outback Bowl, especially the last 8:45 or so.

In the SEC, I'll be watching the (hopefully) soap opera that is Mississippi and Mississippi St. Leach has always been this awesome anti-hero that I like rooting for while Kiffin is the classic villain. And the SEC West is the best division in college football.

I haven't watched a lot of ACC football for a while, but I'll be tuning in this year. This kid playing QB at UNC had a monster year last year and they run a form of Leach's Air-Raid offense. Their OC, Phil Longo, is a dude who's been around forever - he even coached at Minnesota-Duluth for 2 years. And I do like Mack Brown.

I'll be watching Miami as well. I think the move D'Eriq (sp?) King pulled on Houston was hilarious. Holgoson was basically going to redshirt him after 4 games to save his eligibility and then he bounced out of there. This kid is a really good player

Choices:

Cheer for the Maroon and Gold with Flordia State.
Bowl Victims: Alabama, Auburn, Georgia Tech
Maroon: Boston College and Miss State

Our root for covid to ruin all thier seasons and make Big Ten seem like victors as they go to bubble format.

I'm pulling for Clemson. The 1985 Independence Bowl will never die.

Personally not going there but if I did, ZOU.

I wanted the Pirate over PJ. That hasn't aged well..... but if I have to put the boat in the dock.... LONG LIVE THE PIRATE SHIP!!!!

Fortunately I’m also an alum of an ACC school. Go Deacs! Wake is very different from the U—small, private, upper class southern—but it’s had some exciting football the past few years and they finally hired a basketball coach that can get them competing again with its Tobacco Road rivals.

NDSU should apply for a one year waiver allowing them to play fbs. They'd finish top 25. As I stated in another thread I want bowl games and an 8 team playoff this season.

Top Bottom