Seat Selection Stats (4/13)

old chap

Section 211-Row 15
Reaction score
Trends:
Still a strong lean towards Gopher side of stadium, but has weakened since last week
% of donation seats is down to 60% from 69% the first week (biggest fall in $500 seats)

Stats as of 4/13 (4/8)

Total Seats - 4,745 (3,213)

Gopher Side - 63% (66%)
Visitor Side - 37% (34%)

$500 - 33% (39%)
$250 - 24% (22%)
$100 - 3% (3%)
None - 40% (36%)

Upper - 24% (25%)
Lower - 76% (24%)

% of 500/250/100 seats gone - 45% / 27% / 17%

Very interesting. I would expect sales of the $500 seats to slow to a crawl, now that we've moved beyond the bigger hitters.

Thanks for the stats, very useful information.

I think it would be very interesting to see this as...

% of 500 seats left
% of 250 seats left
% of 100 seats left
% of free seat backs
% of free bleachers

% of Home left, % of Away left.

Etc...

Edit...
NM... I see you did it on the bottom...

Is it possible that someone could be forced to pony up $500 if they want a seat? What happens if they reach the end of the line and all the seats have been spoken for except for the 500/250/100 seats?

About 2,500 seats selected per week. Done by June 12.

I can't believe these people aren't even snatching up the $100 donation seats for $15 extra a game. I better start convincing my wife the donation money is a fantastic opportunity.

Almost half of the $500 donation seats are gone with less than 5,000 seats selected. They will be nearly gone by 10,000 I would imagine and by 15,000 for sure. They may lag around for a while, but as more people take the free seats, the jump in quality of seats from the free ones will get bigger and bigger making it more enticing. When you can move from the 5 yard line to the 40, the $500 seats will be all that much more appealing I would imagine.

Almost half of the $500 donation seats are gone with less than 5,000 seats selected. They will be nearly gone by 10,000 I would imagine and by 15,000 for sure. They may lag around for a while, but as more people take the free seats, the jump in quality of seats from the free ones will get bigger and bigger making it more enticing. When you can move from the 5 yard line to the 40, the $500 seats will be all that much more appealing I would imagine.
I agree with you, I just wonder what the U has in place in case my scenario would come to fruition.

Is it possible that someone could be forced to pony up $500 if they want a seat? What happens if they reach the end of the line and all the seats have been spoken for except for the 500/250/100 seats?

Trying to avoid that scenario is probably why they stopped selling seats last year, several thousand short of a sellout. Current season ticket holders probably won't have to make a donation if they don't want to. However, those on the waiting list may not have a choice.

stats question

Thanks for the info

How are you compiling the data? Are you manually going through and counting up the seats selected online each time? Has anyone selected bench seats?

Yes. If donation seats are all that is left, you'll have to pony up. I think Votary is right about why they stopped selling tickets when they did.

I am manually counting seats, have a spreadsheet set up to enter it in. Takes about 45 minutes to update each time.

What are everyone's thoughts about seat back seats versus non-seat back. I pick on May 11th...by my calcs I will be choosing from seat backs high in the upper deck or prime selection in the first bleacher section (lower bowl). What would you guys do? I understand that we can rent a seat back for the year. Has anyone ever seen this type of seat at another stadium? Wondering if its legit or even helps in comfort.

I can't believe these people aren't even snatching up the $100 donation seats for $15 extra a game. I better start convincing my wife the donation money is a fantastic opportunity.

I think the major reason is that the $100 donation seats are on the "visitor" side. You will see these seats start to go when you get to the 10,000 pick level as the "home" side gets filled up.

It's a math thing and a "home" side thing right now...

What are everyone's thoughts about seat back seats versus non-seat back. I pick on May 11th...by my calcs I will be choosing from seat backs high in the upper deck or prime selection in the first bleacher section (lower bowl). What would you guys do? I understand that we can rent a seat back for the year. Has anyone ever seen this type of seat at another stadium? Wondering if its legit or even helps in comfort.
I think the bleacher seats in the open end zone would be pretty cool, the only problem is that you'd have to turn around to get a look at the monster scoreboard.

I think seeing when the open endzone seats go will be one of the most interesting things to watch.

Ditto on those open endzone seats, it is only like 10 rows deep and looks pretty cool to be close to the action in that endzone, not to mention the easy in and out of your section.

Rouser- they rent orange fold-up seats at Lambeau every game, they work pretty well, or you can just buy your own and bring it to every game. I am sure they will be selling an official Gopher seat sometime this year with all those bench seats out there

I have those seatbacks you were talking about at Camp Randall. They are installed before the season and are $42.00 a seat ($6.00 a game). I like the investment and they are comfortable & worth it. Not sure what is planned in that regard for the bleacher seats in your new stadium.

Last I heard, they will have them...

I have those seatbacks you were talking about at Camp Randall. They are installed before the season and are $42.00 a seat ($6.00 a game). I like the investment and they are comfortable & worth it. Not sure what is planned in that regard for the bleacher seats in your new stadium.

I called the ticket office some time ago and asked about bringing the folding stadium seats for use on the bleachers. I was told at the time that they were planning to rent them for the season. Again, that was some time ago and plans may have changed, but I suspect they will be available. I believe they also told me that you could not bring your own...but I may be mis-remembering.

Top Bottom