Seat Backs

AF_Howie_2180

Reaction score
I'm planning to stay in my same location in Section 133 next year, but with the Vikings moving in, what does that do for my seat backs? Any word on how that will work? Same like normal, once it's in its in, or massive labor project each week?

Interesting question

I have seat backs in section 145. I hadn't considered the impact that the Vikings could have on that. Maybe they put seatbacks on all the lower bowl seats that don't have them.

Corrected now (thanks Breakin' The Plane)
7 games next year for Gophers
8 regular season games for Vikings + 2 pre-season

7/17 = .412

10/17 = .588

4 seatbacks at $45 /seat (I think we paid that amount but not sure) = $180 x .412 = $74.16

Far as I'm concerned, the Viking fan sitting in our seatbacks that we pay for either owes the University $105.84 or we all pay our full amount and they take them out weekly. Just my opinion and I know this won't happen.

Might be one of those things they "hope" not to have to address. Curious what other opinions are. I'm at least open to listening a differing view point.

SKI - U - MAH!

There are 7 Gopher home games. I hope they don't just put seatbacks on all the seats. I actually prefer my plain old bleacher.

Thanks for the correction on the number of games. My screw up - corrected with new numbers

Good question. Our group has 6 seat backs in Sec 117 and we've been wondering the same thing. Our hope was that the Vikings would put them on all the bench seats as their season ticket holders would be sitting in them (and it would be the least the Vikings could do as there were chairs for every seat in the dome). Who knows, maybe we'll be sitting in purple seat backs paid for by the Vikings.

I wonder what the difference in cost would have been to put actual chairs in TCF rather than bleachers, or at least in the lower bowl.

Two tickets, but only need for one seatback. If you pay for a seatback, the person with the Vikings ticket for that seat gets a free seatback, and vice versa.

Corrected now (thanks Breakin' The Plane)
7 games next year for Gophers
8 regular season games for Vikings + 2 pre-season

7/17 = .412

10/17 = .588

4 seatbacks at $45 /seat (I think we paid that amount but not sure) = $180 x .412 = $74.16

Far as I'm concerned, the Viking fan sitting in our seatbacks that we pay for either owes the University $105.84 or we all pay our full amount and they take them out weekly. Just my opinion and I know this won't happen.

Might be one of those things they "hope" not to have to address. Curious what other opinions are. I'm at least open to listening a differing view point.

SKI - U - MAH!

FYI, I'm pretty sure the Vikings are only playing 7 home games each of the two years. One home game will be in London. I think one Preseason game will be at a neutral site as well, maybe both.

What would I care if a Viking fan uses my seatback? Money to the U. Seriously, this is an "issue"? Really?

C'mon, this is GH. Of course it's an issue, and a darn important one at that.

Top Bottom