seat backs/Premium and bleachers

Maroon92

Reaction score
Wow -- the non premium seat backs went quick this week with only a few left.

How does everyone see the next selections going-- now that people have to chose either benches or premium seats (most likely the 250 or 500's) do we see them going quick.

Has anyone or know of anyone who will opt not to get tickets if the seats they were hoping for are not available (such as paying extra for tickets or high level bleachers) I wonder if someone is pushed to that what they will decide.

I don't remember who was doing the stats on the seats but does anyone know how many seats have been selected and where they are at in the picking order. I am assuming they are around the 20,000 mark.

I select my seats on Tuesday the 19th at 12:00pm my ranking # is 25947
and i will not be paying extra for seats, might have been willing to pay $100 per seat extra but nothing more

I select my seats on Tuesday the 19th at 12:00pm my ranking # is 25947
and i will not be paying extra for seats, might have been willing to pay $100 per seat extra but nothing more

What about bleachers--would it get to the point where you would not actually purchase seats. I am trying to get a feel if the average fan may be left to chose not getting tickets because of the cost of premium seats. I check the site map every day and every day there are sections turning colors other than green which is great to see

I will be getting seats, love football to much not to get them. but if my selection number was higher and there were only donation seats left ($250 no more)i would most likely have to try and sell some games. Or i could see myself having to droping my tickets and waiting a few years to get them without a donation

I pick this Friday at 1:43pm

and our rank is 23,646 and we are most likely going to buy the 250 donation tix. That wasn't the original plan but if I want decent seats ..............oh well.

We pick tomorrow (Friday) morning at 11. Looks like all of the non donation chair backs will be gone by then. Oh well, still plenty of great bench seats available. Actually, in a 50,000 seat stadium, every seat will be a good seat (even the top row). Do you agree?

If you want to actually see the action on both ends of the field with some depth perception, etc. I would think the 2nd deck bleacher seats wouldbebetter than lower first deck ones. It all depends on your perspective, I suppose. I don't think there are too many bad seats in that stadium when you compare the situation to many of the other Big Ten stadiums. I recall sitting fairly low in the end zone bleachers at the Big House in Michigan. The action was great right in front of our end zone, but, at the other end of the field viewability was next to zero. At least up higher, you can tell the difference between a 3 yard run and a 10 yard run. So, according to my preferences, sitting higher is much better than sitting lower...but...that's just me.

Get the seats! The bleacher seats will be great if you don't want to pony up for to donation seats. A good part of the donation is tax deductable if that is your best option. There is no right or wrong. The whole "choice" thing is a once in a lifetime opportunity...or curse, which ever way you look at it. When there are very few choices available, and a person just orders the "best seats available" just getting seats seems like a pretty good deal. When there are so many choices, second guessing onself is bound to happen. Just "being there" is what it's all about and is in itself a wonderful thing!

I, for one, would not buy seats if only the ones with donations are available. Doesn't look like that will be the case. I just can't justify spending the extra $250 or $500 per seat. That takes the ticket price up to $100 per game, and although I love the team, I just can't pull that off. I'll be in the bleachers, best available.

just a reminder

I know some people simply don't have the cash to fork over for the $250 or $500 donation. But for those of you on the fence, remember that 80% of that donation (be it the $250 or $500) is tax deductible.

I know some people simply don't have the cash to fork over for the $250 or $500 donation. But for those of you on the fence, remember that 80% of that donation (be it the $250 or $500) is tax deductible.

Yep, and they also can get you in the blue tailgating lots, which could factor in your decision to buy or not. That was a benefit that factored in my decision for sure.

I selected this afternoon, and from what I could tell, there was only one row of non-donation, consecutive seat backs left. I think there were 8 seats total. They were on the away side 2 rows from the top. I'm guessing those will be gone today if they're not already.

I selected this afternoon, and from what I could tell, there was only one row of non-donation, consecutive seat backs left. I think there were 8 seats total. They were on the away side 2 rows from the top. I'm guessing those will be gone today if they're not already.

Yep, they're gone. Only single seats remain in the non-donation seatback category.

I did some calculations for my tax bracket and if I had paid $500 in donations, of which $400 was tax-deductible...that would have lowerd my taxes by approximately $80. So the $500 donation for me would have personally equalled $420.

The $250's are going to go fast now. $75/ticket (less after the tax deduction) is going to start looking like a bargain compared to the $40 bleacer seats that are going to be left.

And based on how quickly people have picked seats in 133, 135 and 115 in the last few day, I'm guessing there is going to be a run on seats in section 117.

The $250's are going to go fast now. $75/ticket (less after the tax deduction) is going to start looking like a bargain compared to the $40 bleacer seats that are going to be left.

And based on how quickly people have picked seats in 133, 135 and 115 in the last few day, I'm guessing there is going to be a run on seats in section 117.

Damn you GM! When you put it like that it sounds so much more attractive! :) But it ends up being too much up front for me. Oh well! I still have a few bleacher spots that I really really like. Hopefully they don't disappear on me before Monday at 11:50!

Top Bottom