Season tickets/parking to be mailed by 8/14

Bayfieldgopher

Reaction score
Everyone should receive them by early next week.

Season Tickets and Parking Passes Mailed
We will complete the mailing of all 2009 Gopher Football Season Tickets and Parking passes by the end of the day on Friday, August 14. We expect all season ticket holders to receive their mailing between August 15 and August 19. If you have not received your season ticket holder mailing by the end of the day on Wednesday, August 19, please call the Gopher Ticket office at 1-800-UGOPHER or 612-624-8080.

Reminder! Gopher Game Day Preview for Season Ticket Holders - Saturday, August 22 at 3:00 pm
Come check out the first event held in TCF Bank Stadium! Put on your maroon and gold and get ready for a preview of Gopher Football Saturdays! Be sure and bring your tickets and parking pass for the Game Day Preview as you will need them for entry!

Click the link below for all of the event day details! Come early and stay late to avoid traffic!

http://stadium.gophersports.com/schedule_special_events.html

$10 Parking Information for Saturday. August 22:
Season ticket holders who have purchased season parking permits will be able to park in their selected lots for the Gopher Game Day Preview. To park in your designated parking area you will need to present your Gopher Game Day Preview parking pass and pay a $10 (cash only) fee. Attendees who have not yet purchased season parking permits will be directed to either the St. Paul campus or the West Bank parking locations (limited number of spaces- come early!). Shuttles will be provided to TCF Bank Stadium from designated shuttle stops located near each parking area. The cost for all game day parking areas is $10 per vehicle.

Reminder: If you have not purchased a season parking pass, you will need to park on the West Bank (21st or 19th Avenue Ramps) or St. Paul Campus (Gortner Ave. Ramp) and take the shuttle to the game. You will not be able to park at University lots/ramps on the East Bank.

Need Directions?

For more information on parking please click the link below.

http://stadium.gophersports.com/prk_parking_transportation.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was the $10 communicated to fans?

Did people know they would need to pay $10 for every game on top of their parking pass?

"The cost for all game day parking areas is $10 per vehicle." I hope runningopher is correct or people will be really pissed.

There is a heading on that paragraph entitled "$10 Parking Information for Saturday, August 22nd". A standard interpretation of that would indicate that the information in the paragraph under that header only applied to parking on Saturday, August 22nd. My understanding of the "all game day parking areas" phrase is that it means no matter what ramp/lot your pass is for, the cost will be $10 on the 22nd.

That said, there is nothing that explicitly states that other games will not be $10.

Wow that would be bad. It's already rediculous they are charging $10 to park on a day where there's not even a real game. If they add $10 per game to the pass I already bought I will not be happy.

Why does the U do this kind of stuff? They seem intent on at least trying to ruin all of the good feelings that are coming our way this fall with the new stadium.

Wow that would be bad. It's already rediculous they are charging $10 to park on a day where there's not even a real game. If they add $10 per game to the pass I already bought I will not be happy.

Why does the U do this kind of stuff? They seem intent on at least trying to ruin all of the good feelings that are coming our way this fall with the new stadium.

They are not adding $10 per game to the cost of the pass. Parking & Transportation Services at the U has to have an army of student employees out working the parking areas for game days and this will be no exception. They aren't going to just eat that cost for 8/22. The parking passes we purchased were for regular season games and given the way the ticket mailing unfolded, I'm sure they also set the parking prices for the season before knowing that there would be a scrimmage on 8/22.

The 10 bucks is just a one time thing. The person I emailed said since this event was added late it wasn't included in the initial parking price. Athletics tried to add it after the fact but the University wouldn't let them....in their words....no free parking ever.

That said, if this event was included initially, the $10 probably wouldve been added to what you already paid anyway.

**EDIT...what year of the gopher said.

Why does the U do this kind of stuff?

It's absolutely pathetic that the U has to demean itself and offend it's customers charging additional parking to a free event. Unfortunately, I'm sure plenty of people who have been here all winter know exactly why the U is forced to do this cash grab.

They are not adding $10 per game to the cost of the pass. Parking & Transportation Services at the U has to have an army of student employees out working the parking areas for game days and this will be no exception. They aren't going to just eat that cost for 8/22. The parking passes we purchased were for regular season games and given the way the ticket mailing unfolded, I'm sure they also set the parking prices for the season before knowing that there would be a scrimmage on 8/22.

Sounds about right.

Well, I agree paying the $10 to park for the day kinda stinks as I was looking forward to a free event. However, the event they are putting on is free, but what made any of us think that we had the right to park for free for it? Other free events on campus (pep rallies, HC parades, events at McNamara, etc etc) are "free" but you still have to pay for parking. Our passes were listed for the 7 home games, nothing more. As was stated, this Aug 22 gig was added pretty late in the game. Since it is a weekend, they will have to staff quite a few extra people to handle the likely 10k cars that will be there.

The parking group isn't affiliated with the athletic department so I'm not surprised that they jumped on this chance to make a few extra bucks. The only thing that bothers me is that this is as much of a "dry run" for the stadium, campus, parking, etc as it is a free fun event for fans. They should have done it exactly as it will be with the passes to make sure they are completely ready for Sept. 12.

The U is barely paying these kids minimum wage these days! You have two kids a lot for 3 hours... so what are they planning to do with the money they make after they pay out their staff with the first six cars per lot? Everybody else is going to be freely admitted? Does that take into account the heavily subsidized work study funds?

Don't kid yourselves; these money grubbers make me sick sometimes. A season parking pass is a season parking pass, just celebrate the coming prosperity generated from an on campus attraction and let the damn day's take go!

The parking group at the U not only has to staff the lots but is also responsible to maintain, repair, and debt service the facilities. I'm not sure, but guessing, they also have to pay the costs of bringing portables on site to the tailgate lots and having those staffed for the day. Are they making money off this event? Probably, but it isn't like it's free for them to operate these lots.

Yeah, it would be nice to have free parking, but when have you ever had free parking at the U? If $10 to park for a few hours and get your first peek inside the stadium is too rich for your blood, you maybe better find another hobby besides going to college football games.

For all who think $10 to park is a money grab i suggest you save your money by staying away.

Whats next - I suppose they are going to charge us money if we want a beverage or a snack too.

Come on people when has a free event ever meant it is totally free? I have gone to many free spring games and I have had to pay for parking a lot either on campus or downtown. Even a free county fair you still have to pay for parking.

The parking group at the U not only has to staff the lots but is also responsible to maintain, repair, and debt service the facilities. I'm not sure, but guessing, they also have to pay the costs of bringing portables on site to the tailgate lots and having those staffed for the day. Are they making money off this event? Probably, but it isn't like it's free for them to operate these lots.

Yeah, it would be nice to have free parking, but when have you ever had free parking at the U? If $10 to park for a few hours and get your first peek inside the stadium is too rich for your blood, you maybe better find another hobby besides going to college football games.

Hey, year of the gopher, were you the person the U paid to maintain the most worthless website in history?:
http://www.auxs.umn.edu/home.htm
Whenever someone defends the financial structure of parking and transportation services, for about a second I start seeing their point, and then immediately remember the 'auxillary services' website and revert to my original disdain for the parking services at the U.

Hey, year of the gopher, were you the person the U paid to maintain the most worthless website in history?:
http://www.auxs.umn.edu/home.htm
Whenever someone defends the financial structure of parking and transportation services, for about a second I start seeing their point, and then immediately remember the 'auxillary services' website and revert to my original disdain for the parking services at the U.

No, I wasn't. But why such hatred for a web page (not even a full site, just a page that acts as a portal to a bunch of other sites)? Sort of a strange thing to focus your energy on.

I suppose it might be about 30 cents worth of bandwidth the U could put to better use, but I pretty highly doubt they paid someone ongoing to maintain just that page.

By the way, in my list of things the U has to pay for on Gopher Gameday Preview, I left out the fact that U of M Parking & Transportation Services will be running shuttles from West Bank and St Paul, paying drivers, gas, etc. All this stuff adds up folks.

You know what they say, "There's no such thing as a free lunch."

"Whats next - I suppose they are going to charge us money if we want a beverage or a snack too."

That right there is funny!

The U is barely paying these kids minimum wage these days! You have two kids a lot for 3 hours... so what are they planning to do with the money they make after they pay out their staff with the first six cars per lot? Everybody else is going to be freely admitted? Does that take into account the heavily subsidized work study funds?

Don't kid yourselves; these money grubbers make me sick sometimes. A season parking pass is a season parking pass, just celebrate the coming prosperity generated from an on campus attraction and let the damn day's take go!

Really?

I mean, really? You're serious? Please tell me this is facetious or something.

What if we quit with the griping for a couple of weeks? Between the alcohol, seatback charges, cold weather, and now this, we're basically taking a monstrous shart over the buildup to the new stadium. A $10 charge is nothing considering it will be our first opportunity to a) see, first hand, the inside of the new stadium b) sit in our seats, c) see our team for the first time this year, and d) enjoy outdoor, on-campus football for the first time in 20+ effing years. Charging $10, as Whitney Houston said, it's not right, but it's ok, I'm going to make it anyway.

If you're going to be a sulkmonster about the whole thing, just stay home so those of us who are thrilled to be there can enjoy the atmosphere.

Here's an idea, grab three of your budies who plan to go to the scrimmage, and have each of them check their couches and piggy banks for change. Then the four of you jump in one of your vehicles, drive to TCF, pay for parking with the change you found in your sofa and piggy banks, and watch the Gophers. I know that may take a little planning, but it can be achieved!!!

Christ Almighty people. It is $10 to park at a free event. That is actually cheap. You figure you're going to be there for 2-3 hours, it would probably cost you $5-7 if you were there to visit a student or eat at Stub & Herbs or whatever else. That's what it would cost to park there anyway. I feel lucky they didn't hike it to the regular gameday rate (which for my pass is $15).

On top of that, the Athletic Department doesn't control parking. They won't receive a dime of this revenue directly. This is all about the parking department.

Top Bottom