Season ticket holder survey

bga1

Reaction score
The U of M just sent out an emailed survey -fairly lengthy to take the pulse of season ticket holders. No questions about the premium seating program- they didn't touch that and they are probably smart not to. But it is a positive that they are taking the pulse of the fans. One section gives an opportunity to give feedback on their in game promotions. This has been a horrid development over the past 10-15 year IMO and it was great to give them feedback at how bad it is for Barn atmosphere. Anyway this is a good chance to give feedback.

My guess is they have some concerns about what will happen with the new ticket program. Good move by the U here to survey the fans.

My points of constructive criticism were:

1. Strengthen nonconference home schedule. In line with the preferred seating plan should be the expectation that season-ticket holders get more bang for their buck early in the season. I suggested 2 quality (generally defining "quality" as opponents from major conferences) home games (Target Center or X would be fine as well) in November & December, instead of just the usual ACC opponent every other year.

2. Ticket office not a strength, emphasizing their bungling of Big Ten Tournament ticket situation.

3. Crack down on profanity by student section.

Agreed BGA. It's good they're doing this. Your season-ticket holders are the pulse of the program, for sure.

My points of constructive criticism were:

1. Strengthen nonconference home schedule. In line with the preferred seating plan should be the expectation that season-ticket holders get more bang for their buck early in the season. I suggested 2 quality (generally defining "quality" as opponents from major conferences) home games (Target Center or X would be fine as well) in November & December, instead of just the usual ACC opponent every other year.

2. Ticket office not a strength, emphasizing their bungling of Big Ten Tournament ticket situation.

3. Crack down on profanity by student section.

Agreed BGA. It's good they're doing this. Your season-ticket holders are the pulse of the program, for sure.

Totally agree on points 1 and 3. I wish I'd have included those. The ticket office people have been great with me so I can't complain there.

Totally agree on points 1 and 3. I wish I'd have included those. The ticket office people have been great with me so I can't complain there.

I emphasized the stupid ads, promotions and gay little contests. When they asked what I'd tell Joel if I had the chance, I said simply, "just don't screw it up; let the team, the band and the spirit squads do their jobs." The atmosphere will take care of itself if you just don't eff with that formula.

I emphasized the stupid ads, promotions and gay little contests. When they asked what I'd tell Joel if I had the chance, I said simply, "just don't screw it up; let the team, the band and the spirit squads do their jobs." The atmosphere will take care of itself if you just don't eff with that formula.

This is exactly right. The team goes on a 6 point run capped by a Rodney Williams ESPN highlight dunk and we go into a timeout and watch two students miss 10 straight layups for a Subway gift certificate. Then we wonder why the crowd isn't spontaneous like in the good old days.

This is exactly right. The team goes on a 6 point run capped by a Rodney Williams ESPN highlight dunk and we go into a timeout and watch two students miss 10 straight layups for a Subway gift certificate. Then we wonder why the crowd isn't spontaneous like in the good old days.

It's amazing how fool proof the atmosphere thing should be - and how nature continues to provide us with better and better fools.

GopherSports fan survey on Goph hoops (GopherHole mention), share your thoughts!

The U put out a survey of Gopher basketball fans asking for their opinions on everything from in-game promotions, to game day atmosphere, to value of your ticket experience, to half-time shows, to where you get your Gopher basketball information (GH is an option to choose from) to pretty much everything you want to share your thoughts on with Gopher basketball.

We're an opinionated bunch with regard to most of these questions, so here is your opportunity to share your thoughts with the U directly.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/gophermensbasketball

Go Gophers!!

i just filled it out. i focused on the fact that the u self inflicts itself with the demise of its own atmosphere due to the in-game promotions. i also asked if they could partner with city police to have traffic cops moving traffic through campus after games as more than just right outside the arena. letting the stop lights move traffic through is brutal.

i also asked for improved non-conference schedule and in the part to joel i challenged him to encourage tubby and donna to integrate themselves more in the community. i know tubby has a ring and all that but we're paying him a lot of money and if he's not going to finish above .500 in the bt then at least get involved in the community. clem and yvette were loved by everyone before the scandal because they were everywhere and accessible. we don't hear a lick from tubby from april 1 - october 15.

Communications not a strength. Gophers Web site is the worst, Live Stats are absolutely the worst, no play by play in the stat package. The MIAC is a Cadillac on all of these points, the Gophers not even a Kia.

I'm not a season ticket holder, but those timeouts are the worst.

Top Bottom