Seantrel Henderson

KoolAid

Red Drank Brewmaster
Reaction score
This topic has been discussed over on Brew's side of town, but I was hoping to gain some insight into what the hoopsters think (and I do apologize if this has already been discused here):

Sid just ran a tidbit saying Brew would allow Henderson to play basketball if he enrolls at the U. Already having a football scholly offer, no chance Tubby offers him one (although it seemed unlikey anyhow). Personally, I say do whatever it takes to get him on the gridiron here, he's a lock to be an all pro one day (maybe exaggerating but you get my point).

So what would you think of having him join Tubby's squad? I can't say that I've ever seen him bball, but with that size and athletic ability, you would think he could devolop into a serious Big Ten PF. Assuming he's in shape, I think he might be the kid you throw out there against MSU. Because right now, we just can't compete physically with that team (very hard to watch). And of the new recruits coming in, Mbakwe seems like the only one who might be able to box anyone out from their team (not sure how White's transition into a B10 defensive player will go).

So let's get this kid on the hardwood, eh?

Most kids who are the #1 rated player in the nation out of HS have expectations and thoughts of a 7-8 figure signing bonus 4/5 years down the road...I'm sure Henderson is no different. I think it's unfair to have these expectations, but they will be out there. Assuming that's the case, I can't imagine he'd want to risk a single penny playing hoops, knowing that he's a freak injury away from a lifetime of riches, and or, miss an important offseason of strength training and film analysis. Henderson is in a different catagory football-wise than Bryant Allen, and it appears as if Bryant Allen is in a different catagory basketball-wise than Henderson.

That being said, if Tubby helps Brew land a kid like Henderson then let's make it happen. Maybe we can also bring our rowing coach in to offer Seantrel the opportunity to be the biggest coxswain in rowing history!!

Go Gophers!!

Thanks for the laugh!

That being said, if Tubby helps Brew land a kid like Henderson then let's make it happen. Maybe we can also bring our rowing coach in to offer Seantrel the opportunity to be the biggest coxswain in rowing history!!

Go Gophers!!

Now THAT is a funny mental image!!!!

Ahh.......Bleed........

I can certainly tell you worked in the SID office at one time.....creative writing at it's best!:)

I think Seantrel is going to have his hands full with football and academics. The last thing he needs is basketball's time distraction and exposure to injury.

And, while Seantrel is a decent basketball player at the high school level, I don't think he'd be a Division I basketball player as is. IMO, he's too massive to compete well with the "4s" and too short to compete well with the "5s."

I think Seantrel is going to have his hands full with football and academics. The last thing he needs is basketball's time distraction and exposure to injury.

And, while Seantrel is a decent basketball player at the high school level, I don't think he'd be a Division I basketball player as is. IMO, he's too massive to compete well with the "4s" and too short to compete well with the "5s."

He is 6-8 and they say he could be 6-10 when he gets to collage. how is that to short?

He is 6-8 and they say he could be 6-10 when he gets to collage. how is that to short?
Have you seen him, Big Play? I have -- and I think he's likely a "short" 6-8.

And he could be 6'10" in a year ... or he could stay where he is ... or be somewhere in between.

needs to be at least 7-10. you know, like Kenny George. anything less is just worthless. ;)

Top Bottom