Scout's Evan Daniels on Tubby's recruiting, ability to find diamonds in the rough

BleedGopher

Reaction score
from the article:

Daniels has heard good things about both Ellenson and Buggs.

West Virginia and Nebraska were also high on Ellenson's list before he chose Minnesota. Daniels noted that Buggs, who was also recruited by Arkansas, has gained attention in recent weeks.

"He's a kid that his name's really picked up some steam here in the past month or so, being at Hargrave Military Academy," Daniels said of Buggs. "I think Minnesota kind of took a liking to him."

Daniels also noted Smith's ability as a recruiter to find diamonds in the rough, so to speak. So while neither Ellenson nor Buggs are in Scout.com's list of the top 100 recruits, that doesn't mean they won't be good players for Minnesota.

"I think he's had some success over the past couple years getting some local guys and then going out and getting a sleeper or two, like he did with the kid out of Memphis, Andre Hollins. He's always been able to do that," Daniels said. "Even when he was at Kentucky, that's kind of something that he would do. … I do think it should be noted that he's always been able to get a guy that's kind of fallen under the radar and turned out to be a pretty good player."

http://www.foxsportsnorth.com/11/08...nding_gophers.html?blockID=599532&feedID=3590

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom