Scout drops Pirsig to 3***

Reaction score
also, Indiana got a committment from Tevin Colman, 3*** RB from Oak Park, ILL. Colman had some high quality offers from several BCS schools.
( Minnesota had offered) Of note: Minnesota is in conversation with Seth Roberts,WR of Pearl River CC in Mississippi. He has interest from several schools, but no offers. This looks like a backup plan to a backup plan. Some Scout recruitng rankings of interest:
Northwestern #38
Indiana |#48
Minnesota #64

Scout has now evaluated all current Gopher committments.

I believe he really didn't get glowing reports at the recent HS All-Star game he participated in. There was some mention of that on GI. RS for sure.

Different scouting services will continue to rank things differently.
Scout seems to be the least informed/complete in their research.

Pirsig is very obviously raw, I'd bet he'd had struggled against some better 5A DE's but his potential is off the charts. If the coaches can help him grow into his body, add strength and flexibility he's going to simply have a reach/length/size advantage against anyone in college football. A RS for sure, probably a RSSo year bloomer, but could be an absolute force once he's developed. Limegrover's track record and the linemen he left at NIU are enough for me to feel good about him molding a raw Pirsig.

Hayes is a much more polished prospect and i think could push for time as a RSFr depending on his strength. He's so fast and quick for his size with a mean streak to match. Syracuse recruiting him as a FB should be evidence he can contribute early.

As for the ranking, wisky is proof enough good teams don't always need to get ranked high(que dead horse beating on scouting rankings/stars) in 07 their ranking was 31, 08 41, 09 43 on rivals.Those players outclassed everyone but OSU and MSU in the conference this year and last. If the pieces fit together nicely, grow and develop together and play hard the wins will come rankings be damned.

I think it's going to take some time for Pirsig to adjust to the higher level of competition, but I think his upside is off the charts.

Hayes is a much more polished prospect and i think could push for time as a RSFr depending on his strength. He's so fast and quick for his size with a mean streak to match. Syracuse recruiting him as a FB should be evidence he can contribute early.

I think Hayes pushes for playing time right away. Reminds me a lot of Ryan Harris coming out of high school - who started as a true frosh. If he were wearing Raider colors in high school, he would have gotten a ton more offers.

*I think he COULD push for playing time right away, but will likely RS

I think Hayes pushes for playing time right away. Reminds me a lot of Ryan Harris coming out of high school - who started as a true frosh. If he were wearing Raider colors in high school, he would have gotten a ton more offers.

I agree 100%. I think Hayes could be one of the best 3 or 4 linemen immediately next season (based on film), but I still hope he redshirts.

I can see what you're saying as far as body types go, but Ryan Harris was a T. He played T in HS and all throughout college. He wasn't moved inside until he was in the NFL. If I had to compare Ryan to anyone it would be Jimmy Gjere. Jimmy is a bit taller and bigger, but they are both just really good athletes who are natural OT. Jimmy could move inside, just like Ryan could have as well (and did in the NFL).

As far as being ready to play right away? I don't know about that. He is similar to Pirsig (IMO) in that his potential is almost unlimited. However, I do question whether or not he has the strength to block interior D1 lineman. I think he is a kid who will need to get quite a bit stronger to be able to be effective in the Big 10. In space, he's dynamic, he's about as advanced as an interior lineman could be, but in the trenches, a couple years will do him wonders. I've only seen him play 4-5 times, but that was my impression.

I think his ceiling is as high as Tommy Olson, but I don't think he's as ready to play as Tommy.

I could be wrong, but I feel like Harris started at LG the 3rd game of the season for ND when he was a freshman. I can almost see the little intro picture with all the linemen with their ht, wt, hometown, class etc. Second from the left.

I could be wrong, but I feel like Harris started at LG the 3rd game of the season for ND when he was a freshman. I can almost see the little intro picture with all the linemen with their ht, wt, hometown, class etc. Second from the left.

I could be wrong, but I really don't think so. He was recruited as an OT and I know he was the starting LT from his SO-SR seasons. I believe he started at RT for about 10 games when he was a FR.

Yeah, I just googled his Notre Dame profile, he didn't play any G in college.

Top Bottom