Scout.com's Final Top 100 for 2011

12 of the top 100 from the Big Ten. Don't follow these things much, but is that pretty standard for the Big Ten or is that number a little high/low?

Looks like Matta continues to mop up on the recruiting trail. Also appears Weber better start winning big, especially when he's getting 4 top-100 recruits from a talent-rich state.

From what I am seeing Hollins just missed the cut, probably 101-105. Coleman is more like 110-120.

12 of the top 100 from the Big Ten. Don't follow these things much, but is that pretty standard for the Big Ten or is that number a little high/low?

Looks like Matta continues to mop up on the recruiting trail. Also appears Weber better start winning big, especially when he's getting 4 top-100 recruits from a talent-rich state.

2008-9(Pryor was in that list for OSU, so really 8), 2009-10, 2010-12, and 2011-12. Here's the break down by schools in the last 4 years. OSU-10, Ill-9, MSU-8, Ind-5, Mich-4, Minn-4, Purdue-1, Iowa-1, Wis-1, NW-0, PSU-0. Gophers were Sampson, Joseph, White and Williams.

Thanks Ray.

An argument certainly could be made that Weber hasn't done much (with his own players) considering the quality players he's getting and the talent-rich state in which he presides. I would think 2011-12 is a big year for Bruce Weber. Even with the players he's losing (McCamey, Tisdale, Davis, Richmond), I don't think he can afford another blah, so-so Big Ten season with little or no NCAA success.

Isn't interesting that all the people that love ratings when their teams recruits are in the top 100 have to discount the ratings when those same recruits are not in the top 100? Kind of puts the ranking system in perspective, doesn't it?

On another note, Coach Cal has 3 of the top 7 and 4 of the top 22. If he gets Daniels, he would have 5 of the top 29. That would blow away the Fab 5 rankings.

It will be fun to listen to him complain all year about how young they are. The kid from Jersey is supposed to be unreal.

Isn't interesting that all the people that love ratings when their teams recruits are in the top 100 have to discount the ratings when those same recruits are not in the top 100? Kind of puts the ranking system in perspective, doesn't it?

On another note, Coach Cal has 3 of the top 7 and 4 of the top 22. If he gets Daniels, he would have 5 of the top 29. That would blow away the Fab 5 rankings.

It will be fun to listen to him complain all year about how young they are. The kid from Jersey is supposed to be unreal.

Can you point to the post where someone discounted the ratings?

Weren't Andre Hollins and Joe Coleman ranked #48 and #52 respectively on another site? I'm not discounting rankings, just wondering why there would be a difference of 50+ spots for our two recruits between two different rankings lists.

if you were a mr. basketball in tennesee, which produced numerous other top 100 players, and you arent on that top 100, you probably have a site that isnt worth 7.99 a month to get their facts straight

Thanks Ray.

An argument certainly could be made that Weber hasn't done much (with his own players) considering the quality players he's getting and the talent-rich state in which he presides. I would think 2011-12 is a big year for Bruce Weber. Even with the players he's losing (McCamey, Tisdale, Davis, Richmond), I don't think he can afford another blah, so-so Big Ten season with little or no NCAA success.

Illinois (the state and the school) have lots of talent. The Illinois fans I know would pay Weber's moving expenses out of town. He did a good job of coaching when he had the kids Self had toughened up, but if you watch his kids play now, they are not a physically tough team. MSU, OSU and Purdue will out muscle them virtually evey game, and so will any other team that recruits strong players and plays physical basketball.

if you were a mr. basketball in tennesee, which produced numerous other top 100 players, and you arent on that top 100, you probably have a site that isnt worth 7.99 a month to get their facts straight

Now that'd make sense ... if it didn't actually happen all of the time. Not to slight Andre, but Mr. Basketball and recruiting rankings are NOT and never have been equal.

For example, (Most recent one I can think of ...)

Alabama 2009
Winner: Kerron Johnson - Belmont - 2 Star Rivals - NR

Runners-Up
DeMarcus Cousins - Kentucky - 5 Star Rivals - #2
Eric Bledsoe - Kentucky - 5 Star Rivals - #23
David Murray - Mid. Ten. State - 3 Star Rivals - NR

Top Bottom