Scott Ekpe Tackles New Opportunities

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per GopherSports:

Scott Ekpe has battled Big Ten offensive linemen for more than four years, but recently he may have met an even bigger challenge: a corporate income statement.

Since September, the redshirt senior has been working at an internship with APi Construction in New Brighton. There, his tackling skills were put to the test beyond opposing team’s quarterbacks and running backs.

Upon arriving for work at his internship, Ekpe was tasked by company president Reid “Huck” Finn with helping on a company expense audit, along with creating an internal depreciation schedule.

Overwhelming? Ekpe didn’t seem to think so.

“I don’t have an accounting background and neither does Scott,” Finn said. “It’s one of those things he’s jumped right into and has gotten a chance to learn how the business works. He’s really digging into the operating expenses of a hundred-million-dollar company.”

“I would say that being a student-athlete has helped prepare me to work in the real world,” Ekpe said of the transition to an office job. “Both of them were pretty difficult at first but the adjustment phase is what it’s all about.”

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/110916aaa.html

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom