Scholarships

comerstring

Reaction score
anyone have any knowledge on how many scholarships we have to give this year?

with 16 commits already should we be worried about running out of scholarships before allen, henderson and other highly rated recruits make their selection?

according to scout we have offered scholarships to 10+ 2* or less players. can scholarship offers be rescinded?

I think we can go max this year. I think it's 26 plus 3, although it's been a while since I had to look that up. There's always room for a top kid, don't worry about that.

Yup I wouldn't worry; as long as Henderson and Allen are uncommitted, magically we'll have 2 scholarships still floating around.

Some of the offers out there are conditional and subject to being pulled. Just look at last year, Fritz Rock didn't pull the trigger, and got his offer pulled.

Brewster said on Sid and Dave a few weeks ago that he is planning to take a class of 28 which is the 25 + 3 that a team can take every two years.

As far as your question on whether scholarship (offers) can be rescinded, nothing is binding from either side until a letter of intent is signed in early February.

If you look at the offers we have out there relative to the interest, I think it's very good we'll be able to fill the 12 remaining spots, but unlikely we'll have a problem of too many recruits.

A lot of teams will take 1 or 2 extra with the odds that somebody won't make grades or will change their minds. It's actually a very good idea.

If you look at the offers we have out there relative to the interest, I think it's very good we'll be able to fill the 12 remaining spots, but unlikely we'll have a problem of too many recruits.

A lot of teams will take 1 or 2 extra with the odds that somebody won't make grades or will change their minds. It's actually a very good idea.

We are permitted to over sign by 3 so we can have 31 players sign LOI's to bring in 28 next fall. We did that in 2008 and I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen again. It is almost inevitable that a few players in every class never make it (in 2008 23 of the top 25 classes had at least one athlete never arrive on campus) and in a class of 28 it will likely be a few. If everybody passes the clearinghouse and their physical it means a few players have to grayshirt and arrive in January.

Top Bottom