Say it ain't so-Parker Fox out for season

Ya, they quit on Pitino. They lose in overtime to a tournament team in Rutgers.
Beat NW first game of theBig Ten tourney.
Lose to #9 in the country Ohio St by four points in the second game of the Big Ten tourney.
All without injured starters to close the season. But ya, they quit. We disagree.
You coach a team….play Big Ten competition without key players and see how your team competes. Quitting on the coach, they lose all 3 by 25 plus.
And if the team quit on Pitino earlier and he somehow got them to buy back in…he is a miracle worker. You lose a team during the season…it takes a miracle for a coach to win their trust back. Players quit on themselves but when and if they quit on a coach there’s no remedy for that.
They might have quit the 2nd half of the Illinois game, but he got them to buy back in at the end, no doubt. It seems like he probably told them he was out after the Nebraska game and they rallied around it a bit.

Ya, they quit on Pitino. They lose in overtime to a tournament team in Rutgers.
Beat NW first game of theBig Ten tourney.
Lose to #9 in the country Ohio St by four points in the second game of the Big Ten tourney.
All without injured starters to close the season. But ya, they quit. We disagree.
You coach a team….play Big Ten competition without key players and see how your team competes. Quitting on the coach, they lose all 3 by 25 plus.
And if the team quit on Pitino earlier and he somehow got them to buy back in…he is a miracle worker. You lose a team during the season…it takes a miracle for a coach to win their trust back. Players quit on themselves but when and if they quit on a coach there’s no remedy for that.
Wow didn’t know this was such a sensitive topic. I coached for over 15 years so I get the idea of team dynamics and understand the B1G was tough. From my observations they quit on themselves and Pitino. The huddles were not engaged for 80% of the team, the defensive effort got worse, and the bench didn’t have any enthusiasm. That being said, these are high major D1 athletes. They will still want to compete and in some cases they wanted to do well for pro scouts. I’m calling what I saw, I respect that you saw differently.

I wouldn't say quit, but I will say the NW, Nebby and PSU losses they were out of control and undicilpined. It was poor coaching in those efforts and quite frankly those were games they still should have won even with the injuries. If they win those games, they finish 9-11, with enough quality wins to go to the Dance. They probably get Gabe and Robbins back and Pitino saves his job

I didn't think the players quit on Pitino, I just think they were poorly coached, lacked structure and weren't a very good team. I think they had more talent than a 6-14 team, but I don't think that effort prevented them from having a better record.

Top Bottom