Say hello...

Nothing says football like multi-colored fake grass!

FieldTurf is a better innovation than the wheel. It is better than sliced bread. Natural grass belongs in back yards, cemeteries, and anywhere animals need to poop or things need to decompose. Otherwise, soceity has no further use for natural grass.

Funny that some people are still opposed to the use of FieldTurf. I have never heard a single athlete say a bad word about it. And the quality of play is far superior on FieldTurf. It has been that way for almost a decade. This isn't news.

FieldTurf is a better innovation than the wheel. It is better than sliced bread. Natural grass belongs in back yards, cemeteries, and anywhere animals need to poop or things need to decompose. Otherwise, soceity has no further use for natural grass.

Funny that some people are still opposed to the use of FieldTurf. I have never heard a single athlete say a bad word about it. And the quality of play is far superior on FieldTurf. It has been that way for almost a decade. This isn't news.

I just think it is weird to get excited about fake grass (and I think you are quite wrong in your grass assessment, but it is not worthy of discussion on this board).

I've played on it several times. It is the real deal.:)

I've never liked playing on field turf. Granted I've never played football on it, but it just doesn't feel right. But for a stadium like this where it will get use multiple times a week and needs to remain consistent through November, it is a good choice. I remember a few years ago watching the Patriots play on a field of dead grass and it got really sloppy.

For baseball: Natural grass > Field turf

For football:
Historically: Natural grass > Astroturf (that stuff hurt to land on)
Today: Field turf > Natural grass
I love the modern field turf. It is easier to cut on than grass, doesn't turn to mud in the rain and for maintenance it doesn't need the same attention that grass does.

can someone copy the picture(s) to this forum?? I cant get it to load. :(

can someone copy the picture(s) to this forum?? I cant get it to load. :(

Consider it done. :)

10176688.jpg

10176642.jpg

10176580.jpg

10176544.jpg

10176477.jpg

UPDATE: I can't see the photos I linked in anymore so sorry if others are having the same issue.

Picture is awesome, but since we've all been nitpicking the hell out of this stadium from the start, I'll bite on this one. The "Endzone Maroon" does not match the "Seat Maroon". Way to go.

Picture is awesome, but since we've all been nitpicking the hell out of this stadium from the start, I'll bite on this one. The "Endzone Maroon" does not match the "Seat Maroon". Way to go.

I noticed it too. I'm sure there is a reason. I'd e-mail the project coordinator, Brian Swanson ([email protected]) if you're really interested in knowing why. :)

Nothing says football like multi-colored fake grass!

Personally, I'm just excited that the field was been put in, whether it be grass or field turf. For me, it just means taking one more step forward towards that home opener with Air Force. I admit, I prefer natural grass to any other playing surface. But since field turf is both durable and more safe than astro turf was for the players, I can understand the current fascination with using it amongst colleges and professional franchises.

SkoalVikings go to your purple board...if you truly are a gopher fan how hard is it to come up with a gopher ID?
Second, I think its partially because of the picture quality and the difference of the materials. I don't think you can truly make these two things look exactly the same. When the gophers run out of the tunnel you are going to see their jerseys a third shade of maroon.
It is what it is.

SkoalVikings go to your purple board...if you truly are a gopher fan how hard is it to come up with a gopher ID?
Second, I think its partially because of the picture quality and the difference of the materials. I don't think you can truly make these two things look exactly the same. When the gophers run out of the tunnel you are going to see their jerseys a third shade of maroon.
It is what it is.

I just assumed this was the big thing. As much as I love maroon as one of our colors, it is not the easiest color to work with (its quite easy to end up looking too red, brown, or purple). I've sort of come to accept this fact as much as it annoys me. :eek:

We need to END this constant whining about Vikings fans. He doesnt need a gopher related nickname. You don't bitch out AlltimeTwinsFan whenever he posts something, do you? END IT!! Now lets move on with the discussion!

We need to END this constant whining about Vikings fans. He doesnt need a gopher related nickname. You don't bitch out AlltimeTwinsFan whenever he posts something, do you? END IT!! Now lets move on with the discussion!

+1 :clap:

I'm sure somewhere in the past I have made a comment to alltimetwinsfan.
Just doesn't make any sense to me. Get in the spirit of the website. The one thing we all have in common is our gopher pride...show it.

+1
Go Gophers, Skol Vikings, Win Twins, Go Wild!

It is what it is.

The maroons look different in an empty stadium. When those seats are full, who will notice?

I'm more offended that he doesn't know how to spell it.

It's Skol Vikings.

Top Bottom