Saw Edwards running track last night

Hopefully the wind will blow the rest of the Zach Vraa posts up to ND. Not a Gopher, so lets move on.

To the Bison guy that insists on posting on a Gopher board: This kid had no offers from ANYONE in the Big Ten, it's not just Brewster who thought he was too slow or simply not good enough...it was EVERYONE. That is why he's at NDSU. I hope he does well, I root for all Minnesota kids (as long as they don't go to Iowa or Wisconsin), but he shouldn't be a topic on this board.
Yet, by the same token, the Opie looking QB Shortelle, had no offers from ANYONE on the planet but brewster, making him an incredible genius??

Yet, by the same token, the Opie looking QB Shortelle, had no offers from ANYONE on the planet but brewster, making him an incredible genius??

Dumb. Vraa had no offers at the end, and Shortelle has no offers early in the process, not even close to the same. Thanks for trying.

It's June genius, and signing period isn't going to be here for a loooooong time let alone the HS football season. A LOT can happen in the next half year. Would you critique a movie by only watching the trailer before it was released a few months later? Let's be real here, not ridiculous.

Dumb. Vraa had no offers at the end, and Shortelle has no offers early in the process, not even close to the same. Thanks for trying.
You're right I guess. I'm sure he will have 20 or 30 offers by Thanksgiving.

why is everyone hating this vraa kid? i hope he does well since he is from minnesota..

why is everyone hating this vraa kid? i hope he does well since he is from minnesota..

It's gotten out of control, Vraa is a native Minnesotan, a Mr. Football, and had a very nice HS career at one of the top programs in the state.
There's no reason to rip him, he's mad he didn't get an offer from the Gophers, can't blame him, though maybe he could have tried to earn one by walking on and proving everyone very wrong.
He didn't, he's going to NoDak, good luck to him.
The initial reason I even included him in this post was to recognize his outstanding achievements this track season, he was incredibly impressive. Let's quite ripping on a hometown kid who just wanted a scholarship from the hometown team.

I saw that the fringe bowl blog had Edina's Devin Crawford-Tufts close to getting an offer.
He was IMO the most impressive runner in Minnesota this track season, he's close to being the fastest Minnesotan ever(10.5 100, record is 10.45) His tapes look pretty good, I like the Parsons kid from Edina as well, maybe at receiver or safety rather than QB though.

I'm kinda of curious as to why Vraa thought he had to commit to ND so early in the first place. A chance to prove yourself is on the football field and that won't happen for a while. I also agree that that people do change their minds and as one post reminds us, its only June So lets wait this process out a bit until fall to see how things come together. If Vraa has a good season and if Brewster offers him a scholarship perhaps he will still be a Gopher if he truly wanted to be one.

I'm kinda of curious as to why Vraa thought he had to commit to ND so early in the first place.

He didn't. He committed a month before signing day. Also, he committed to NDSU, not ND.

So lets wait this process out a bit until fall to see how things come together. If Vraa has a good season and if Brewster offers him a scholarship perhaps he will still be a Gopher if he truly wanted to be one.

He was a senior last fall and will be suiting up for NDSU this fall.

I'm kinda of curious as to why Vraa thought he had to commit to ND so early in the first place. A chance to prove yourself is on the football field and that won't happen for a while. I also agree that that people do change their minds and as one post reminds us, its only June So lets wait this process out a bit until fall to see how things come together. If Vraa has a good season and if Brewster offers him a scholarship perhaps he will still be a Gopher if he truly wanted to be one.

I think you may have your years mixed up. I believe the only reason Vraa came up yet again was the just completed track season of his senior year.

I saw that the fringe bowl blog had Edina's Devin Crawford-Tufts close to getting an offer.
He was IMO the most impressive runner in Minnesota this track season, he's close to being the fastest Minnesotan ever(10.5 100, record is 10.45) His tapes look pretty good, I like the Parsons kid from Edina as well, maybe at receiver or safety rather than QB though.

From everything I have heard, MN was not liking the Edina guy at first because he looked slower on film. Now that he is lighting it up in Track they are taking a much stronger interest.
Very interested in Parsons this year...from Eagan, not Edina...He was hurt last year, but in games he played in they averaged over 35 points per game. The only loss he played in was a 1 point loss to Cretin, he had reinjured his collarbone and was playing hurt. If he can stay healthy, he would merit B10 consideration. He was receiving attention from Notre Dame and Various other schools pre-injury his junior year.
The attention kind of faded after the injury. Schools are worried about his arm strength because it looks weak on the cretin film due to the injury. If he comes out strong and stays healthy I would anticipate at least a few major offers. From what I am hearing Iowa/Wisconsin have shown more interest than Minnesota at this point.
He is a QB.

No one's hating on him, it's just that about every week, there's smack from NDSU fans who are so excited that they "beat" the U to a recruit that we didn't even offer a scholarship to. It's possible that Vraa could have been misjudged, but if so a whole lot of other coaches misjudged him.

Top Bottom