Satire, or stupidity?

It's satire, folks. I've taken a summer course from this individual despite my advanced age. It was called something like"Sports in America" where we looked at the treatment of sports in American culture. Chalberg is a sports fan--quite knowledgeable--and a good instructor unlike the student he probably failed. He might be showing his bias because he had the connections to get Ted Brown to come into the class and talk about how pro athletes are treated and regarded. However, he knows better than to think this might happen. He's making fun of the university of committing all of the time and effort for those results. He's also making a point about the priorities of a university. Satire is supposed to cause controversy and get people to look at things in a new light because it's preposterous.

I don't agree with him and think it's not very good. I also think it reveals the negativity the Tribune has towards the Gophers. However, it's a free country. You're free to write or print as well as free to ignore or boycott.

Then he's a very poor satirist and should stick to teaching. :rolleyes:

after reading this i hope dallas beats the vikings and the "super bowl bound" talk can finally end. i personally could care less if the vikings were moved to another city, wouldnt bother me a bit!

Top Bottom