Sampson getting his shot blocked....

Reaction score
by that 5'8" "Beaver Cleaver." I'm sure the boys will rag on him about that. As far as the crowd goes we won't see the hype until the Big Ten season. Unless, of course they bring back the "Bill Mussleman" pre-game warmup. Williams was always packed 30 minutes before the boys took the court. Never got tired of the ring-leader George Schuer. A time when the students,crowd,and the Barn were at their best and made it the "Broadway" of college basketball

Not A Good Game For The Bigs

Actually Sampson had the didn't have that bad of a night. He did get get 10 points and made all his free throws.

Iverson didn't have his usual fine Freshman outing. I thought this would be his day because he wasn't facing as tall a team as usual. But, he had trouble getting open and only got 2 rebounds. He was really getting pushed around in there. Oddly enough he got 2 of his points when SDSU posted the 5-8 guy up against him. Only 4 points for the night.

Williams only played 7 minutes and ,ofcourse, he is just getting back from his injury. When he was in the game he made more happen than the others but he couldn't finish anything. He got 3 rebounds. But, others went through his hands. He got no points because he is still hurrying those easy inside shots. He just seems to panic when he gets his hands on the ball.

If you consider Johnson a big guy, he had a game that made up for the others. Great fun to watch this guy develop.

Williams also had the spinning dribble drive left handed flailing hook airball. I guess that could count as making something happen.

Williams also had the spinning dribble drive left handed flailing hook airball. I guess that could count as making something happen.

That definitely made 35 bucks a ticket seem like a bargain.

Top Bottom