Sam Lloyd, ‘Scrubs’ Actor, Dies at 56 due to cancer

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Variety:

Sam Lloyd, an actor best known for portraying lawyer Ted Buckland on “Scrubs,” has died, his agent confirmed to Variety. He was 56.

In January 2019, Lloyd was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor and cancer, which eventually spread to his lungs, jaw, liver and spine. He received the diagnosis just weeks after his wife, Vanessa, gave birth to their first child.

Over the course of his three-decade career in television and film, Lloyd also held roles on shows like “Desperate Housewives,” “Seinfeld,” “Modern Family,” “The West Wing,” “Cougar Town,” “Malcolm in the Middle” and “Shameless,” as well as films “Flubber” and “Galaxy Quest.”

Lloyd was also a talented musician. He sang in a cappella group The Blanks – which made several appearances on “Scrubs” as The Worthless Peons – and played bass guitar in The Butties, a Beatles tribute band. Lloyd had also been slated to direct a country rock musical, “With Pam and Gil,” which was put on pause when he received his diagnosis.

Go Gophers!!

Shit!!! That sucks. One of my favorite shows. I always hate to see actors pass, because it shows how much I'm aging. Higgins from Magnum, the few from MASH...….

Top Bottom