Rutgers star guard Corey Sanders suspended 2 weeks for violation of team rules.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Looks like he won't be at The Barn on 2/23:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

We're playing good enough to beat them anyway.

The meteoric rise of Gopher basketball begins!

But seriously, I've seen a few people around the internet who believe we are clearly better than Rutgers.

The downside of this is, if we lose to Rutgers without their leading scorer. ...

From the Rutgers' website:

2015-16: Leads Big Ten freshmen in scoring (16.2 ppg), steals (1.65 spg) and is second in assists (4.1 apg) ... scored team-high 23 points in home contest against Ohio State (Feb. 13) ... named Big Ten Freshman of Week (Feb. 8) after averaging 33.5 points, 5.5 rebs, 8.5 assists ... led team with 28 points, five assists at Nebraska ... set RU freshman record with 39 points against Illinois

Big loss for a very bad team

But seriously, I've seen a few people around the internet who believe we are clearly better than Rutgers.

Rutgers might be the worst team in Big Ten history

We are. Sagarin ratings: Minnesota 163, Rutgers 265. RPI is not an accurate representation.

We are. Sagarin ratings: Minnesota 163, Rutgers 265. RPI is not an accurate representation.

Agree RPI is a joke. Sagarin is better but I prefer Pomeroy, and his rankings tell a similar story: Minnesota 179, Rutgers 283, yikes! The sad thing is this is also Eddie Jordan's 3rd year.

Agree RPI is a joke. Sagarin is better but I prefer Pomeroy, and his rankings tell a similar story: Minnesota 179, Rutgers 283, yikes! The sad thing is this is also Eddie Jordan's 3rd year.

We are lucky the B1G let Rutgers get into the league.

There would be no words to describe a loss to Rutgers without Sanders.

That's what I was getting at. It would be the purest definition of an inexcusable loss, even with our likely 0-14 record at the time of the meeting.

As bad as this season has been, Rutgers is at least two levels of stink below the Gophers. At least the Gophers have been competitive in a large share of their conference games (no, everyone, am not playing the moral victory card, just pointing that out). Rutgers has lost 10 of its 12 B1G games by double digits.

The weight of the world will be on the shoulders of the staff/team approaching that game. That seemingly insignificant W will loom large.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom