Rutgers reportedly contacts Jerry Kill about its Offensive Coordinator opening

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Ryan Dunleavy:

NJ Advance Media learned Wednesday that Ash spoke with former Minnesota head coach Kill about the position, though it is unclear if Kill interviewed or is on board as a consultant.

Neither Kill, who is an associate athletics director at Kansas State, nor Ash replied to messages seeking comment.

Here are five things to know about Kill:

1. He last served as an offensive coordinator in 1993.

Kill took the old-fashioned route to Big Ten head coach, climbing his way from offensive coordinator at Pittsburg State (Kansas) to head coach at Saginaw Valley State to Emporia State to Southern Illinois to Northern Illinois to Minnesota.

It's reminiscent of Brian Kelly's path to Notre Dame.

At the end of Kill's tenure, Minnesota had two play-callers -- Matt Limegrover for running plays and Jim Zebrowski for passing plays. When Tracy Claeys -- Kill's defensive coordinator -- succeeded him, he let go of both Limegrover and Zebrowski.

Interestingly, Kill played linebacker and started his coaching career as a defensive coordinator.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...l_interested_at_rutgers_5_things_to_know.html

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

That would be a TREMENDOUS mistake by Rutgers. Kill is not an X and O guy.[emoji41]

Motivator, leader, organizer, seller, recruiter, that's Kill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be a TREMENDOUS mistake by Rutgers. Kill is not an X and O guy.[emoji41]

Motivator, leader, organizer, seller, recruiter, that's Kill.

Yeah influence in offensive strategy was far and away his weakest area.

Watching Kill attempt to coach players on technique or explain the intricacies of a play still makes me giggle. You would think he had never been around football.[emoji51]

Top Bottom