RSIII

BigGopherFan

Banned
Reaction score
Who is going to lose minutes when RSIII returns in the next couple games. Maybe he will come off the bench for EE and split minutes. He doesn't seem to fit this current team's up-tempo, high-energy style.

Thought?

I'd like to see him come off the bench for Eliason until he proves that he can outplay him. I think it'd be a bad idea to try to play those two together unless it's only for limited minutes.

I'd like to see him come off the bench for Eliason until he proves that he can outplay him. I think it'd be a bad idea to try to play those two together unless it's only for limited minutes.

I agree. I would call it a last ditch effort to light a fire in Ralph.

Ralph has seemed to be Tubby's pet player since he got to campus. (Williams has been another one.) Iverson outplayed Ralph for a long time, yet never started in front of him to my knowledge. As such, Eliason doubtfully will either, no matter if he deserves it.

By looks of his body language on the bench he looked like he just woke up from a 10 hr sleep on a Temperpedic mattress

I imagine Ingram won't see much of the floor once Ralph returns, unless someone gets in foul trouble.

There will be times during the Big 10 season where we will need minutes from Ingram, just for the sake of a matchup.

I'd also much rather bring Ralph in off the bench. I think you need a C like Elliot for Rodney to be able to play PF. Ralph is simply not active enough to help out Rodney when he needs help. That said, Ralph could be a nice fit with our second team. He is a skilled offensive player and you often need a little offensive boost from your bench.

Ralph will be a vital part to this team if they have any hope of making the tournament, we need to find enough situations where he can contribute.

There will be times during the Big 10 season where we will need minutes from Ingram, just for the sake of a matchup.

I'd also much rather bring Ralph in off the bench. I think you need a C like Elliot for Rodney to be able to play PF. Ralph is simply not active enough to help out Rodney when he needs help. That said, Ralph could be a nice fit with our second team. He is a skilled offensive player and you often need a little offensive boost from your bench.

Ralph will be a vital part to this team if they have any hope of making the tournament, we need to find enough situations where he can contribute.
Great post. We will need RSIII, but EE has an upside Ralph should aspire to. EE is so skilled for a big awkward redshirt frosh. So many of these guys have 'hands of stone'. The ball never bounces in and out of EE's hands, whether it is a rebound or a pass. A minor miracle for a Big.

I totally agree. I would say Iverson didn't outplay Ralph a ton, especially after he got a bad rep and he would get called for the cheapest of fouls, but there were definitely 5-10 games in his career where he vastly outplayed Ralph and didn't start over him. The same can be said for Rodney.

Tubby doesnt use "benching" a starter to motivate them too often. Welch had outplayed Andre a few games before the decision became easier with Trevor getting hurt to insert him into the starting lineup.

Top Bottom