RS3

centerofmn

Reaction score
In my opinion, Sampson had his best game as a Gopher today. Yes, St. Joseph's was not the greatest competition and they were undersized, but Sampson was making some nice plays.

Usually, he looks a little flat-footed under the basket. Today, he made some outright athletic plays, something I had never seen out of him before.

If Blake and Sampson can continue to play well, I like our chances at getting some unexpected wins come Big 10 season.

I agree Sampson had a good game as did Hoffarber. However, sizewise St Joseph matched up pretty well with us when they played their big center. Since we seldom play both Sampson and Iverson at the same time and they are our only big guys, we are actually a pretty small team also.

Sampson was really good today as was Hoff. More importantly, it appears Tubby made an adjustment to play more uptempo. They got a lot of shots early in the shot clock and they looked comfortable with it. It looked much better than their normal half court look which they striggle with.

sampson looked like he was actually fired up for once. hope to see that every game

It wasn't a great showing by him early, but he got a little fired up partway through the game and was a different player after that.

Top Bottom