Rossow: When he plays, KiAnte Hardin can change Gophers’ defense

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Rossow:

It was as predictable as anything in the Gophers’ unpredictable 2016 season — KiAnte Hardin returning to his starting cornerback role on Saturday against Illinois, and the Gophers defense shutting down the hosts for most of the afternoon.

The Gophers limited the Illini to only 245 yards of total offense and forced three turnovers in the 40-17 thrashing in Champaign. The win made Minnesota bowl-eligible for the fifth-straight season. It also illustrated that eight games into the 2016 season, Hardin is the most important player on the Gophers defense.

The Gophers secondary was full of uncertainty after losing Eric Murray and Briean Boddy-Calhoun to the NFL, but Hardin and Jalen Myrick have proved to be stellar replacements. Hardin’s recorded 18 tackles, two interceptions and three pass breakups in four games.

“When he’s [Hardin] available to us, then, we can do all the things we want to do,” said Gophers coach Tracy Claeys at Tuesday’s press conference before the Illinois game. “Obviously when he’s not, we can’t force people to do things that they are not good at, so it changes a little bit in what we do.”

http://www.1500espn.com/gophers-2/2016/10/plays-kiante-hardin-can-change-gophers-defense/

Go Gophers!!

It really is crazy how much better our defense looks with just that 1 change.

Hopefully the RO stuff will get hashed out before the Northwestern game. We'll need him.

Since the players can't come to TCF Bank Stadium until this is solved, my suggestion is we move the remaining effected games to US Bank Stadium!

Since the players can't come to TCF Bank Stadium until this is solved, my suggestion is we move the remaining effected games to US Bank Stadium!

If we beat Nebraska and Purdue, and he still can't enter the stadium then I am in favor of moving the NW game.

Maybe not have the "award winning" dance group not perform.

Or, just have Hardin change jerseys with some third-string guy, cut the hair, never take off his helmet, and hope nobody asks any questions.

"Gee, why is Joe Scrub playing so well today on defense?"

Top Bottom