Rossi Contract Extension

For his sake, I hope he get's some HC feelers prior to 2024.

For his sake, I hope he get's some HC feelers prior to 2024.
Rossi might not be interested. Phil Parker has been the DC for the Hawkeyes for the better part of a decade, and a position coach in Iowa City before that. He's had amazing defenses with an inordinate number of players drafted into the NFL. He makes a lot of money, and he rarely if ever seems to be mentioned in head coaching searches. Maybe Rossi's the same way.

Rossi might not be interested. Phil Parker has been the DC for the Hawkeyes for the better part of a decade, and a position coach in Iowa City before that. He's had amazing defenses with an inordinate number of players drafted into the NFL. He makes a lot of money, and he rarely if ever seems to be mentioned in head coaching searches. Maybe Rossi's the same way.
Yeah, hard to know without talking to him I’d say.

True, everyone is wired differently. At his age (42) Rossi may not even know one way or another his long term ambitions.

Did not realize he was that young.
True, everyone is wired differently. At his age (42) Rossi may not even know one way or another his long term ambitions.

I like that we have Rossi signed up. He does a great job but those stats are very much helped by PJ's time of possession focus.

Coordinator is a good quality of life job in college football for a lot of guys. You get to geek out on football the most of any coaching role, mostly stay out of the media and booster pressure, have less recruiting grind, and the good P5 guys are getting $500K-2M a year

Top Bottom