Rose Bowl

The 12th Man

Reaction score
Assuming it is Oregon vs. Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl, I think Oregon will score 50 in the game. If Michigan State was able to exploit Wisconsin's lack of perimeter speed, Oregon should light it up. The question is how Oregon will respond defensively.

Wisconsin will score at least 4 touchdowns as the Ducks are pretty light up front. Here's the thing, Wisconsin might stop the Ducks for the first two downs and Oregon will rattle off a 50-60 yd pass or run. Ducks 45 Skunks 31

Don't count on a ore win. Ore has performed poorly in their last two bowl games. It seems that when teams have a lot of time to prepare for ore, they figure a way to slow them down. I suspect wis. will come up with a defensive scheme that will slow down ore. I could see wis. throttling ore for the first half and holding onto the lead in the second half where wis' running game will be the deciding factor.

Wisconsin is pretty comparable to Stanford, both are power rush teams that can also pass the ball. Oregon beat Stanford 53-30. I'm guessing they'll beat Wisconsin by a similar score.

Wisconsin will have to control the clock and try to physically wear Oregon down because I don't think they can keep up with the Ducks in a shootout. If they can keep the Oregon offense off the field they will have a chance but that is easier said then done.

Wisconsin is pretty comparable to Stanford, both are power rush teams that can also pass the ball. Oregon beat Stanford 53-30. I'm guessing they'll beat Wisconsin by a similar score.

Sc does not have the running game that either Stanford and Wis. have and they beat ore. Every year for the last two years every one predicted ore to blow out their competition in each bowl game, yet they lost. I will not be surprised to see ore lose again.

Sc does not have the running game that either Stanford and Wis. have and they beat ore. Every year for the last two years every one predicted ore to blow out their competition in each bowl game, yet they lost. I will not be surprised to see ore lose again.
So you're saying the Ducks will lose because they lost to Auburn in the national championship game last year? How can you even make that argument?

Ducks by at least 3 TDs. Spartans thrashed their defense. Ducks will annihilate them

So you're saying the Ducks will lose because they lost to Auburn in the national championship game last year? How can you even make that argument?

No. I am saying that ore has been in this position the last two years and have lost. People believe that because they put up a lot of points during the regular season that they will do it in the bowl game and win. However wis has 3 weeks to prepare for them and will be able to find ways defensively to slow down ore, similar to what teams have done to ore the last 2 years. Therefore, I think this game will be a lot closer than many people think.

I think Wisconsin will come out fired up and take an early lead but as the game wears on I have a feeling Oregon will pull away and win by about 20.

Ehh. Wisconsin gets a month to prepare for it. In a short week after that physical MSU-WIS game, I'd take the Ducks. With a month to prepare, I'd take the Badgers.

Wisconsin will have to control the clock and try to physically wear Oregon down because I don't think they can keep up with the Ducks in a shootout. If they can keep the Oregon offense off the field they will have a chance but that is easier said then done.

This game scares me to death. The Ducks are the kind of team that historically gives UW fits. Maybe, as the above poster says, if we keep them off the field, but that quick strike stuff is lethal.

Wisconsin's defense is terrible. Their defensive deficiencies are somewhat masked by their ball-control offense and punishing ground game. Oregon's O will light them up like a Christmas tree. I'm thinking something like 52-35, and that might be kind.

Wisconsin's defense is terrible. Their defensive deficiencies are somewhat masked by their ball-control offense and punishing ground game. Oregon's O will light them up like a Christmas tree. I'm thinking something like 52-35, and that might be kind.

I agree with this. You look at the only teams to beat Oregon the past 2 years, USC, LSU & Auburn, they all have much more team speed on defense than Wisconsin, providing an opportunity to match up to the Ducks' speed on offense. WI may be able to overpower Oregon on offense, but I can't see how Sconnie can match the pure speed and consistently stop them. Look how MSU moved up and down the field. Oregon will be able to do that, plus more. The Ducks will put up 50pts. I can't see Bucky doing the same.

My first thought on this game is that the weasels might hold the ball for 40 minutes or more. I also don't think it will make a lick of difference. The Ducks tagged Nevada for 69 points despite only having the ball for a shade over 21 minutes. Granted, the weasels are a step up in class from Nevada, but it's certainly within the realm of possibility.

Also, expect the Badgers' atrocious kick coverage to result in at least one housed return.

I saw some one posted that the O/U open was 72. In this game, anything south of 75 or 77 means an OVER bet.

I'll reserve judgment until I hear if:

A) the Wisky OC gets a new job between now and the Rose Bowl, and
B) if so, does he still call the shots for Wisky in the Rose Bowl.

No Chryst, Ducks win by at least 24 points.

I agree with this. You look at the only teams to beat Oregon the past 2 years, USC, LSU & Auburn, they all have much more team speed on defense than Wisconsin, providing an opportunity to match up to the Ducks' speed on offense. WI may be able to overpower Oregon on offense, but I can't see how Sconnie can match the pure speed and consistently stop them. Look how MSU moved up and down the field. Oregon will be able to do that, plus more. The Ducks will put up 50pts. I can't see Bucky doing the same.

USC also beat the Ducks this season.

I think both teams believe they have something to prove. Wisconsin lost the Rose Bowl last year and Oregon lost to Ohio State two years ago.

While I think the Ducks win this one, the Badgers will definitely make a game of it. My Dad said he's hoping for some inclement weather in Pasedena to slow down Oregon and give Wisky an advantage.

While I think the Ducks win this one, the Badgers will definitely make a game of it. My Dad said he's hoping for some inclement weather in Pasedena to slow down Oregon and give Wisky an advantage.

Eugene, OR does not have the prettiest weather in the country (rains a lot) so I don't think it would affect them.

Top Bottom