Rose Bowl Chant

What's the Rose Bowl? Do you eat soup out of it?

yes kids, your dad never had this chance, don't miss it.

I'll chant it if we beat Wisconsin. Not before.

A Gopher fan started chanting this during the Indiana game at the game. I thought the whole section was going to beat him up. Lets hold off until we have a lead late in the game.

I'll chant it if we beat Wisconsin. Not before.

agreed. especially if things break well this week and are looking good in 2 weeks. if there's even a remote possibility of our game vs msu being for the berth in the CCG, then we can start to consider this.

also considering we'd need:
1. MSU to lose to Neb, then Neb to lose to PSU or Iowa (probably our best chance)
2. MSU to beat Neb, then lose to NW
3. Given one of those first 2, we have to beat Wisc, then MSU, then OSU. yikes

A Gopher fan started chanting this during the Indiana game at the game. I thought the whole section was going to beat him up. Lets hold off until we have a lead late in the game.

Yup. I can vouch for this happening. That guy was about 3 rows behind us.
I don't think we should bust it out until we have clinched our berth there, whenever that may be.
Then again, if it really looks like we are about to beat wisconsin, I won't complain a bit about whatever the students chant.

also considering we'd need:
1. MSU to lose to Neb, then Neb to lose to PSU or Iowa (probably our best chance)
2. MSU to beat Neb, then lose to NW
3. Given one of those first 2, we have to beat Wisc, then MSU, then OSU. yikes[/QUOTE]

If the students start it I will join in.
Camp Randall 1982 they handed out posters of bucky with a rose that said 'rose bowl' Everyone was chanting 'Rose Bowl' at the WI/IL game...WI was 4-2. I learned that day...it is never too early.

Yup. I can vouch for this happening. That guy was about 3 rows behind us.
I don't think we should bust it out until we have clinched our berth there, whenever that may be.
Then again, if it really looks like we are about to beat wisconsin, I won't complain a bit about whatever the students chant.

Well we have to do it before that because our last home game is against Wisconsin.

I'm more worried about two thirds of the Student Section being empty, than I am about what they are chanting.

Well we have to do it before that because our last home game is against Wisconsin.

I'm talking about next year or the following. We're better, no doubt, but remember the last guy who wouldn't shut up about the Rose Bowl when we hadn't earned it yet?

If we are up by 28 or more with 5 min or less in the 4th quarter.

I think we should have posters of the 1962 game at Camp Randall when Bobby Bell was called for roughing the passer on Ron Vaderkellen and Ron still had the ball in his hands....the flag wasn't thrown until AFTER we intercepted it. That call, plus they tacked on an additional 15 yrds for unsportsmanlike conduct on the Minnesota bench (Warmath charged onto the field in protest of the first call), led to Wisconsin getting the go ahead score and sent them to the Rose Bowl instead of us (which would have been our 3rd straight trip to Pasadena). "Anybody else remember this one? The gentleman that brought the Gopher scrapbooks to the Nebraska luncheon showed me the old "peach" section that had the picture of the play. Have THAT picture on a poster with the caption, "REVENGE" underneath. I know it won't happen but it's fun to speculate. Get the axe!

Top Bottom