Rose Bowl Bid

sunnyday2

Reaction score
I follow this stuff as much as the next guy, and I have not seen an explanation of...why in the world would TCU play in the Rose Bowl when Stanford is a BCS team, too, but going to the Fiesta. Anybody know how that works?

Because the BCS used to not force the Rose Bowl to take part in the rule that says the top ranked non-BCS school in the top 12 gets an automatic BCS bid.
They changed that and now they do have to participate in the case of the big ten or Pac 10 champion being in the National Championship game.

A stipulation added this year says that the first time between 2010-13 that a non-AQ team makes the BCS, the Rose Bowl must take them if either the Big Ten or Pac-10 champ is lost to the BCS title game.

I follow this stuff as much as the next guy, and I have not seen an explanation of...why in the world would TCU play in the Rose Bowl when Stanford is a BCS team, too, but going to the Fiesta. Anybody know how that works?

There is a one year exemption this season which states if either the Big 10 Champion or the Pac 10 champion is in the National Championship Game (Oregon), then the Rose Bowl must take the highest Non-BCS qualifier (TCU)

Basically the Fiesta and Sugar bowls got sick of having the non-BCS schools in thier bowl and convinced the Rise Bowl to make this deal....

Just another reason why the BCS sucks. Used to be 4 great bowl games, now 1. Can't they see that?

Top Bottom